News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Movie/TV Chargers

Started by NoGL, October 24, 2010, 01:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WB General Lee

Justin
You and K.C. are very knowledgable and nice guys. Glad to know you. All the guys I know with GLs are cool.

I am impressed that the crew at WB actually thought about saving a original RT car. I am sure there were plenty of series cars that were RTs but now they realize its the right thing to do.

PatrickPeeters

Patrick  :punkrocka:

MoparManJim

Quote from: PatrickPeeters on November 12, 2010, 07:52:51 AM
Yesterday was the day!!!!

http://ht.ly/38geR

They have some of there info wrong. The car did not in fact play in every episode... in 5th seaon when Coy and Vance came on to keep the show going WHILE Bo and Luke walk off set.. in that season the ending of the theme was in fact change and the Lee1 jump was removed from the theme song for the season. Also in another season it was also replace with the jump over the Train which stuntman Al Wyatt Jr did that jump. So there for the Lee1 jump in face did not play like they say it did.  :shruggy: 

The General's color was not a neon orange either. Neon would be more of a floresent orange.. the General's on the show was Corvette Flame Orange and afew other oranges over the run but later when WB was doing them they went back to Corvette Flame Orange. There is also rumor that during the middle part of the run they was also mixing oranges togother as well to paint the cars to get them finish. 

PatrickPeeters

Did they got the date correct and was it the first?
:2thumbs: I was 3 years old so don't know if it is or isn't :shruggy:

Quote from: MoparManJim on November 12, 2010, 11:32:03 AM

They have some of there info wrong. The car did not in fact play in every episode... in 5th seaon when Coy and Vance came on to keep the show going WHILE Bo and Luke walk off set.. in that season the ending of the theme was in fact change and the Lee1 jump was removed from the theme song for the season. Also in another season it was also replace with the jump over the Train which stuntman Al Wyatt Jr did that jump. So there for the Lee1 jump in face did not play like they say it did.  :shruggy: 

The General's color was not a neon orange either. Neon would be more of a floresent orange.. the General's on the show was Corvette Flame Orange and afew other oranges over the run but later when WB was doing them they went back to Corvette Flame Orange. There is also rumor that during the middle part of the run they was also mixing oranges togother as well to paint the cars to get them finish. 

MoparManJim

Quote from: PatrickPeeters on November 12, 2010, 03:31:16 PM
Did they got the date correct and was it the first?
:2thumbs: I was 3 years old so don't know if it is or isn't :shruggy:

Quote from: MoparManJim on November 12, 2010, 11:32:03 AM

Yea, they got the date right and also the car being the first one to fly. But Lee3 was the 1st car built though. Lee1 was the first car to be used in front of the camera though and it's first and last jump on Saturday Nov 11, 1978 at around 8AM in the morning as the collage kids wasn't up yet and the loud bang from Lee1 when he hit the ground from doing his jump woke some of them up. Lee2 did the Elm Street down Elm Street (the open jump scene of the pilot episode) that was done I belive on a Wensday Nov 15 at around 3PM as I heard they had to hold the school bus's back for the stunt to take place. After Lee1 did his stunt and died, they push his body into place to do the scene with Bo and Luke loading the slot machine into his trunk. You can see the body damage he took on from the impact as they pan back to show Luke walking up the side and getting in through the window. That scene was done later in the day AFTER the jump had taken place BUT the scene was leading up to the jump scene though. The car you see speed away after they load the slot machines while the deputy is looking was not Lee1 but another Lee (I think Lee3).

WB General Lee

Here is another shot. Notice the window shot out of the car LOL

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

WB General Lee

It is very cool here is my driveway before the Woodward Cruise. This is the original Boss Hogg car. Its funny that car was getting just as much if not more attention then the General Lee. When the cars drive together, people were going crazy :brickwall:

GL#10

Hey

Great Pics there W.B  , thanks for posting them , good topic .

K.c

PatrickPeeters

Quote from: WB General Lee on November 13, 2010, 10:32:37 PM
It is very cool here is my driveway before the Woodward Cruise. This is the original Boss Hogg car. Its funny that car was getting just as much if not more attention then the General Lee. When the cars drive together, people were going crazy :brickwall:

Is the Boss Hogg type cars as popular as the 69 Charger??? :scratchchin: would there be a forum for it also?  :lol:

Ghoste

And do other collectors tease them for putting steer horns on the front? :lol:

Road Dog

Quote from: WB General Lee on November 13, 2010, 10:32:37 PM

That doesn't look like Boss's Caddy. :shruggy:
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

Ghoste

Road Dog

I remember it being a 70 Deville of Fleetwood. That looks kinda Eldoradoish.

Ghoste

I wouldn't remember that detail but I would think one of our DOH fans should chime in shortly.  Had I been asked to guess though I would have said Eldo.

EDIT:  A quick check seems to verify it being a 70 DeVille.

694spdRT

Wasn't the one in the movie an Eldorado?
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Road Dog

Yeah, that was the car in the 2005 movie with Burt Reynolds.

PatrickPeeters

Quote from: Road Dog on November 17, 2010, 11:08:05 AM
Yeah, that was the car in the 2005 movie with Burt Reynolds.

Movie car for sure...
Series Car, couldn't find a pic fast....someone else maybe.

MoparManJim

The Boss Hogg car from the series had the bull horns on the top of the front of the car not down on the front like the movie cars had. Plus I do belive the series cars had round head lights? (that is the only small detail I'm unsure of) 

Plus the series car also had original door handles and not gun door handles like the movie had.  ::) 

MoparManJim

The series car of Boss Hogg's
I found this on the net in 1 minute maybe less.

another one

The movie version of Boss Hogg's car. I found these on the net as well.

hemi-hampton

A new movie is coming out in Februrary Starring a Killer black with red strip 68 Hemi Charger. Also including a 70 Dodge Challenger convertible. Should be a good one.

WB General Lee

Yes the car is the actual car that was driven by burt Renolds in the Dukes 2005 movie

sixty8charger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on November 17, 2010, 07:43:34 PM
A new movie is coming out in Februrary Starring a Killer black with red strip 68 Hemi Charger. Also including a 70 Dodge Challenger convertible. Should be a good one.

what movie is that!!!  :icon_smile_cool: :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers:
Jayson

bullitt68dodgecharger

read on a website been say 2-4 yrs ago that one of (guess the only surviving one if its true) bullitt 68 charger was found in arizona i think,..........i remember pics on the website showed a dodge lil red express towing it to its new home,........if im not badly mistaking it was on the bullitt mustang website but again it was 2-4 years ago

hemi-hampton

Quote from: sixty8charger on November 17, 2010, 08:17:13 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on November 17, 2010, 07:43:34 PM

what movie is that!!!  :icon_smile_cool: :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers:

A movie directed by Ron Howard called The Dilemma if they don't change the name again. Early is Rons Directing career in early 80's he directed 2 other car movies called Grand Theft Auto & Eat my dust. Both low Budget & obscure but I remember them well since they featured Mopars :drool5: