News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Manifold & carb combo choices for my 440???

Started by Ricardo, December 27, 2005, 08:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricardo

Hi to all Charger member and Happy Holidays & Happy New Year. I'm still working in my 1970 Charger with a 440 engine (stock) from a 1975 Commander Motor Home with 42K miles and 727 Automatic transmission, stock differential but with headers/flowmaster mufflers, aluminum radiator with electric fans(2).

Now is time for engine upgrades!!!

Here are my combos choices with Summit Racing part numbers:

1.) Edelbrock Manifolds-needs to be low rise # EDL-5091 , # EDL-2191, the other option is # EDL-7193 (high rise-does this fits in my car without hood clearance problems once carburetor & air filter is installed?).

Any of the above combined with Edelbrock Carburetor # EDL-1411 (750cfm) or # EDL-1813, # EDL-1413 (800cfm), all these does have electric choke.

2.) Holley Manifold # HLY-300-14 + Holley Carb. # HLY-0-4779(750cfm), # HLY-0-4780(800cfm)---(double pumper, but manual choke). Holley with electrical chokes # HLY-0-80670 (670cfm), # HLY-0-80770 (770cfm).

What combination do you members do recommend without installing a camshaft that can be used in the future with a camshaft if I decide to install one?. Does the EDL-7193 will fit w/o clearance problems?.

I really appreciate your HELP & time.  :icon_smile_wink:
Thanks,
Ricardo

Ghoste

If your plans are to NOT change the camshaft, I wouldn't get too carried away on intakes and carbs.  The Eddy performer is essentially an aluminum version of the Chryco high performance piece.  That with the Eddy 750 carb is likely a good choice IMO.