News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GYC 69 Daytona

Started by nascarxx29, August 14, 2014, 12:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on August 18, 2014, 04:08:48 AM
Sounds like they brought their R4 car not the V2 one.

it was the V2.  Sharon showed off a really nice (and huge!) trophy the car had won recently.

pettybird

Quote from: r4daytona on August 16, 2014, 11:25:13 PM
After looking at Bob's awesome car the only thing I've found consistent with Daytonas is inconsistency. 

Welcome to wing car ownership.  I had to explain the fender scoops like 18 times at the nats.  For all the articles about those cars it's amazing that people don't know or are misinformed.  I went to a local Mopar show with the B5 car and I walked back to the car to hear one expert tell his buddy 'there's a lot of incorrect stuff in here (engine compartment).'  Apparently the friend must have been unaware that ceramic coated Hooker long tubes, an Indy intake, a Proform billet carb, a yellow Accel super stock coil, chrome Direct Connection valve covers, etc. weren't factory.  And YOU get a double bonus for being on TV with it.  I'm surprised at the number of questions I've fielded after only being on one episode...

I went by the Legendary booth four times but you had a crowd around you each time and I didn't want to break in. 

r4daytona

You could have broke in to the conversation, anybody can.  Then again, if it's a hot chick with no wedding ring - come back later ! :smilielol:
TONS of experts, I have this since 08 and I'm still no expert.

jaak

Tom, your Daytona looks great  :drool5: I for one would love to have a car like that.
Nevermind those jerks on Moparts.... they are worse than "Corvette Guy", that's why I don't really read any of the forums over there.

Jason

pettybird

Quote from: r4daytona on August 19, 2014, 02:47:22 PM
You could have broke in to the conversation, anybody can.  Then again, if it's a hot chick with no wedding ring - come back later !

We met at Albion (with the unrestored Petty Blue 'bird) and I'm sure that you'll recall that I don't meet that criteria ;)

I figured I'd catch you again as I bounce around a bunch when I'm down there.