News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiring problem

Started by Piston_Freddy, October 30, 2010, 03:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piston_Freddy

When I press the brake pedal the right turn signal idiot light comes on?When flashers are on, then right signal light blinks, but when I switch turn signal then they blink like they are suppose to, left and right indicator.Anybody no where I can get colored wiring diagram? Looks like three blind arsonist have tampered with the wiring.There's so many loose ends.
Max rim size:15"

b5blue

There's a few on eBay listed now and then. They may have it on the Charger registry site too.  :scratchchin:

Nacho-RT74

somebody tied together cluster pilot light to the rear light. It must be tied to the front light

rears are darker colors ( brown and dark green one each side ) they work as brakes too, being the column switch the "router" to both

fronts are lighter colors ( tan, and light green one each side ), and splice to cluster
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Piston_Freddy

Thanks Nacho, they were tied to the rear light wires.Both back turn signals work put only right front turn signal works when turn signal level is left or right,and only right brake light works.When hazards are applied, they flash but when I hit the brakes they will stay on. :eek2:

And is this right that if both turn signal indicators will flash, no matter if the level left or right?And when hazard's are on they both flash to?

HITMAN 149

"Looks like three blind arsonist have tampered with the wiring.There's so many loose ends."

LMFAO!!!! SORRRY RAIDO!! I JUST HAD TO LAUGH AT THAT ONE!!!
sorrry i didn't get to the nitty gritty of the wiring yet.... gee yet ANOTHER thing that was supppposed to be alllll done with the car at the shop!!!!!! grrrrrrrrr :flame:

well sounds like your making progress & getting things done THE RIGHT WAY!!!!!! as always GOOD LUCK my new estonia friend!!!!!!  :2thumbs:

68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Nacho-RT74

hacked wiring everywhere

would need to analize 66/69 diagrams ( I made it once but forgot how is the system right now ). I know perfectly the 70 and lates system

I think on 66/69 the brakes can be pressed still with hazzards and they will stay on as brakes right? somebody confirm me this please.

on 70 and lates, the brakes function is cut with hazzards on.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Piston_Freddy

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on November 03, 2010, 08:35:22 PM
"Looks like three blind arsonist have tampered with the wiring.There's so many loose ends."

LMFAO!!!! SORRRY RAIDO!! I JUST HAD TO LAUGH AT THAT ONE!!!
sorrry i didn't get to the nitty gritty of the wiring yet.... gee yet ANOTHER thing that was supppposed to be alllll done with the car at the shop!!!!!! grrrrrrrrr :flame:

well sounds like your making progress & getting things done THE RIGHT WAY!!!!!! as always GOOD LUCK my new estonia friend!!!!!!  :2thumbs:

Hahahah I'm glad you got a good laugh out of that line John!  That wiring doesn't look all that bad and its fixable,so no problem.

Yeah I want to get this wiring out of the way so I can move on to fix other things.Thanks for the good words my new American friend! :cheers:

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on November 03, 2010, 11:08:27 PM
hacked wiring everywhere

would need to analize 66/69 diagrams ( I made it once but forgot how is the system right now ). I know perfectly the 70 and lates system

I think on 66/69 the brakes can be pressed still with hazzards and they will stay on as brakes right? somebody confirm me this please.

on 70 and lates, the brakes function is cut with hazzards on.
Hacked yes, well when I hit the brakes and the hazzard's are on, then I don't think the front turn signals are supposed to stay on to? 
I will take some pictures within a few days.

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Piston_Freddy

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 04, 2010, 07:25:45 PM
Quote from: Piston_Freddy on October 30, 2010, 03:39:55 PM
Anybody no where I can get colored wiring diagram?

http://www.mymopar.com/66to71_wiring.htm  Lots-a-wiring diagrams there.  :yesnod:

Thanks!  :cheers:

Well I found out that because a ground problem my drivers side turn signal didn't work.But now both my front turn signals were flashing in left or right position.Omg this is great.... Someone had connected the two optional hood indicator wires together. :smilielol:  :slap:
Now I have all the light's working except drivers side rear brake and hazard, turn signal works tho!  :scratchchin:

b5blue

Keep in mind even a bad bulb or crappy contact can mess things up.   :2thumbs:  Glad your gaining on it!