News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The HID factory

Started by carb, November 14, 2010, 07:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carb

Does anyone else have problems with the website for HID factory? I want to order a kit for my '69. The home page partially loads, so it still looks like the company exists, but then it stops loading.  :brickwall:

Thanks

b5blue

What is "HID"? Got a link?  :shruggy:

TexasStroker

Quote from: b5blue on November 14, 2010, 10:55:43 AM
What is "HID"? Got a link?  :shruggy:

HID=High Intensity Discharge

Think the very-bright, distinct pure white (blue) headlights that you see on the road in BMWs, sports cars, and your Mopar if you option it right.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

mauve66

i even waited for awhile and it doesn't finish loading for me either, couldn't find any other listings either
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

carb

That's what happened to me when I pulled up the site. It just sat there. . I was interested in getting parts for the upgrade I found listed in this forum. I might call them to see if their still in business and if they are, let them know their website is down.

thanks

68charger440R/T

They are still in business and there web site works fine for me.
1 of 33,514

mauve66

so which link did you use??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

68charger440R/T

1 of 33,514

71_Charger_R/T

All I get is a big picture of what looks to be a Nissan headlamp......nothing else. No way to navigate site that I can see.

Memphis Mopar

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

mauve66

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on November 29, 2010, 07:13:43 PM
All I get is a big picture of what looks to be a Nissan headlamp......nothing else. No way to navigate site that I can see.

me too, what did you guys do AFTER the headlight image??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: mauve66 on November 30, 2010, 09:33:00 AM

Nothing.... there's nothing else TO do! Just a nice big picture of a headlamp, that's all there is! Nothing, Nada, Zilch! But I must say it's a nice link if you like a big picture of a headlamp.

Troy

The site requires the Flash. If you see a big picture then nothing else then you have Flash and can't see the error message that says
Quote"Oops! It looks like it's time for an update.
You need Adobe Flash Player 9.0.115 to visit this site."

The nimrod, er, I mean, genius, who programmed their site (JHFXDesign.com) messed up something because I have the latest version of Flash and I see the same thing you do. Surprisingly (cough, cough) I can't view their web site either. Damn "web designers" who don't know the first thing about web programming...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Patronus

interesting. Does anyone have any experience with this set-up on Chargers? $80/ea. lamp = $320  :eek2:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

mauve66

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on November 30, 2010, 12:46:26 PM
Quote from: mauve66 on November 30, 2010, 09:33:00 AM

Nothing.... there's nothing else TO do! Just a nice big picture of a headlamp, that's all there is! Nothing, Nada, Zilch! But I must say it's a nice link if you like a big picture of a headlamp.

sorry, quoted the wrong post :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

mauve66

soooo, patronus, how did you get to there site??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

AirborneSilva

I didn't have any issues getting to and navigating their page, i was even able to get to this page http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm to look at all the products they have available for the 66 Charger.

Troy

If I try it in Internet Explorer instead of Firefox I get a popup error that says I need Flash 10.1 so the Flash error is different than the error page on the site.

Update: there's a link within the Flash error message asking if I want to update my Flash player. When I click on it I get a quick download and after restarting I see the site just fine. It's still broken in Firefox.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Troy on December 02, 2010, 11:56:20 AM

Update: there's a link within the Flash error message asking if I want to update my Flash player. When I click on it I get a quick download and after restarting I see the site just fine. It's still broken in Firefox.

Troy

Firefox and Flash don't play well, which is a shame since I like to use firefox at home.

68charger440R/T

Quote from: Patronus on December 01, 2010, 12:39:17 AM
interesting. Does anyone have any experience with this set-up on Chargers? $80/ea. lamp = $320  :eek2:
$320??? How do you figure? They come with 2 bulbs and you dont even need the high beams.
I did a post on the conversion a while back http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,71713.0.html
1 of 33,514

Richard Cranium

Quote from: TexasStroker on November 14, 2010, 01:10:59 PM
HID=High Intensity Discharge

Sounds nasty. You really should go to the doctor & get that taken care of with a Penicillin shot.   :eek2:
I am Dr. Remulac

JHFX Design

We are currently working out an issue with the site not loading in newer versions of firefox.  You should be able to visit with internet explorer.

Check out the new store at http://shop.thehidfactory.com/

It works with all browsers. 

JHFX Design

The issue has been resolved.  Thank you for starting this thread!

www.thehidfactory.com

Patronus

I guess Im thinking x4 bulbs x$80/ea. =  :eek2:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE