News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Minding my own bussiness

Started by flyinlow, November 16, 2010, 01:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

Had to get brake parts for my wife's El Camino, so I fired up the Charger and headed for Car Quest. Stopped at McDonald's for breakfast. Living in rural Ohio the most common vehicles in the parking lot where full sized pick ups.  Walking up to the entrance, I held the door for a somewhat intense looking woman.
Waiting in line behind her, she turns and says " that's a really big car you are driving"  (73 SE-440)
I said " back when it was built it was a midsize, but I guess today it would be a fullsize car."
She replied " you won't be able to drive it much longer"  I am thinking she is referring to the fact it was going to rain later that day and a chance of flurries later in the week. Wrong, I had just run into the dreaded man car hater." Do you know they are going to ban gas guzzlers that make that much pollution" she said. I was caught off guard little, I just assumed that all women love Chargers and since she started taking to me about my car she was going to say something nice about it.
I quickly looked for a Smart Car or Preius in the parking lot but did not see any.
Trying to come up with a responce, I said "Well it gets about 14mpg overall, about the same as alot of SUV's , When the weather is good I ride a Motorcycle that gets 40mpg ,so I think my carbon footprint is about average, and keeping existing cars running saves on raw  materials being taken from the earth.  "
"You should get an electric car instead" she snapped .
By now it was my turn to order, and I wanted to end this converation ,so my parting comment was" If they ever make an electric car that will do as well as my 40 year old Charger does I"ll think about it, but today I am going to run my errands and then take the scenic route home."

Wish I had a better comeback

chargd72

You should have told her you were an Exec for BP and you weren't too concerned with it.  Then ask if she had any other complaints.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Dans 68

I would just ask the next person who "inquires" about your ride that way "Do you enjoy life?"

You own a Charger. 'Nuff said.  ;)

Dan

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

MoparManJim

Let it go man, people like her in life won't get very far.. Maybe someday you can catch her in a older car if her brand new car leaves her down and then you can come back at her then like she did on you.  :D :lol: 

At least one thing, think of it like this, if you ever get in a wreck, I bet your vehicle would do more damage to the other newer one. The newer ones are made mostly out of thin metal and plastic now days  :lol:. The older cars like mopars are built some what strong and can take a good punch if they have to and they are almost all made of heavy metal. Besides the older cars has one thing where the newer cars doesn't have either, they have "style"  :2thumbs:

FLG

Next time ask the dunce what he/she plans on doing with all the battery waste from the electric cars once they go south?

Or how about all that plastic they put on cars now adays? Where's that gonna go.

Or simply tell her the only footprint she need worry about minimizing is the one on her ass.

69rtse4spd

Smoky burn out gets them all the time. :drive:

FLG

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on November 16, 2010, 04:05:19 PM

Mhmm, tell em your returning rubber back to the earth.

MoparManJim

Quote from: FLG on November 16, 2010, 03:59:11 PM

Or simply tell her the only footprint she need worry about minimizing is the one on her ass.

Now, that's a good one right there!  :2thumbs: :lol:

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: flyinlow on November 16, 2010, 01:34:16 PM
I just assumed that all women love Chargers and since she started taking to me about my car she was going to say something nice about it.

2 kinds of women... Those that got their cherry popped in a Charger  :icon_smile_big:  and the rest of 'em.

I never worry about what the rest of 'em say.   :icon_smile_cool:

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

flyinlow

Quote from: FLG on November 16, 2010, 04:06:43 PM
Quote from: 69rtse4spd on November 16, 2010, 04:05:19 PM

Mhmm, tell em your returning rubber back to the earth.

Thought about it  :2thumbs:

ChgrSteve67

Maybe the batteries in her vibrator died?

Next time tell her your Charger runs on a Hydrogen / Ethanol mixture based on Guggenheim's tentative theory of strictly regular binary liquid mixtures.
http://www.jstor.org/pss/96978

Its total crap but it sounds good.

Then ask her what her car operates on.

TruckDriver

Quote from: chargd72 on November 16, 2010, 02:03:22 PM
You should have told her you were an Exec for BP and you weren't too concerned with it.  Then ask if she had any other complaints.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Silver R/T

wow, what a bitch. Should've asked her how many tampons does she go through in a month...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RallyeMike

I'm impressed with your civility. Some people just don't get it, and it's really not worth your time because they never will.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Back N Black

Should have told her, My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber.  :2thumbs:

greenpigs

Why does it matter what ANYONE says? I agree with the laying of the rubber & a smokey 360 for good measure. Just make sure they don't record it.    ;)
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

NGC414

Should have told her:
"I don't care, I'm just out on bail. It will be along time before I can drive a car or see a woman. You live around here?"
Maybe then she will realize it's ok to have an unexpressed thought.

loudmouthaussie

i would have asked the bitch what the fuck she was doing eating in mcdonalds then???????????????????????????????????????? :hah: :hah: :hah:

food wastage
food wrapped in paper
grain fed beef contributing to deforestation
largest producer of plastic toys

Im sure theres way more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drive my 70 and other classics weekends and walk all around local area to buy local produce. ladies like that can go shit in their hats
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

bull

I think that would have been a good time for the simple yet effective MOAB response known as "Go f_c_ yourself, b_t_h."

SFRT

Sunday I was driving around randomly and some older prunefaced guy in a new Prius looked over at me at a stoplight and pulled 'disgusted'  a face...so i hit my switch, opened the headers and did a giant assed linelocked burnout for him.

he kept far back after that.

good times, good times
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RD

Quote from: bull on November 16, 2010, 11:27:28 PM
I think that would have been a good time for the simple yet effective MOAB response known as "Go f_c_ yourself, b_t_h."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  in real life.. that was awesome!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Todd Wilson

Quote from: bull on November 16, 2010, 11:27:28 PM

Thats what I was thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     :2thumbs:

Todd

Todd Wilson

Quote from: SFRT on November 16, 2010, 11:35:52 PM
Sunday I was driving around randomly and some older prunefaced guy in a new Prius looked over at me at a stoplight and pulled 'disgusted'  a face...so i hit my switch, opened the headers and did a giant assed linelocked burnout for him.

he kept far back after that.

good times, good times

HAHA! I bet that was great!   Probably the same Ahole that was on the interstate a month or so ago  running 50mph in his Prius. I guess it wouldnt go any faster or he was trying for 90mpg.

Todd

PocketThunder

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on November 16, 2010, 07:07:44 PM
Maybe the batteries in her vibrator died?

Next time tell her your Charger runs on a Hydrogen / Ethanol mixture based on Guggenheim's tentative theory of strictly regular binary liquid mixtures.
http://www.jstor.org/pss/96978

Its total crap but it sounds good.

Then ask her what her car operates on.

I have this sticker for my back window.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SRT-440

I've gotten that before with the RR...mainly cuz the exhaust is so loud (ex race car)...my usual response when they tell me my car is killing the atmosphere is "yup destroying the ozone a quarter mile at a time".. :yesnod:
They really hate it when they ask about mpg...it's fun watching their expression when I tell them it prolly gets 5-10 MPG and only runs on 110 octane at $7 a gallon.  :pity: :brickwall:

They won't ban muscle cars in my life time so I'm not worried about it.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)