News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heading to Portland Oregon area, any good junkyards???

Started by Charger Aficionado, December 28, 2005, 10:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

If anyone knows of any good parts for sale, LET ME KNOW!!! :) 

rare69

check out wild cat auto wrecking.about 30 minutes from portland. take hwy 26 east thru sandy right at shorty's corner right at firwood rd. left at wildcat mountain Dr. 1/4 mile past Brian ranch rd. on the left. address is 46827 s.e. wildcat mountain Dr. sandy,OR  it's kinda out in the sticks but it's all mopar and worth the trip if your in the area. there phone# is 503 668-7786 they have a web site also. www.wildcatmopars.com

bull

Wildcat has a lot of E-body stuff. When I went there they had two 2nd gen Chargers and they were picked pretty clean. I asked about a rear speaker tray (the metal base) and they wanted something line $200 for it. I think they do collect some parts to sell that aren't in the wrecking yard, and you can still find some odds and ends that will work on a Charger. Other than that most of the wrecking yards I've been to around the Portland area have mostly late model stuff. You'd have to go out to some wrecking yards in the country, quite a ways out of the city to find any good stuff. For example, the only place in Oregon I could find the late '70s B-body caliper adapters for my disc brake swap was in La Grande, about 225 miles east of Portland. However there is/was a rumor of a quasi-wrecking yard out toward the coast that supposedly has nothing but classic Mopars. The story goes that a guy was collecting Mopars in his back yard and then got sent to prison. I don't know if he's out or if he's selling the cars or parts or if the story is even true. There's a guy in Salem I've been meaning to call who supposedly has the guy's phone number. I'll try to fiigure it all out before you get here if you want.

sixpack70

I talked to the guy on the coast and no he isn't going, or was in prision. Funny how stuff like that gets started. He is in Florence Oregon and has a ton of cars. He has some pretty cool stuff there too. 70 challenger r/t 440 auto (sold), coronet R/T, many roadrunners, a desoto or two. He also has a bunch of parts. Good place to look up if you can drive down there. He is just off of HWY 101 and about midway into town.
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

bull

Quote from: sixpack70 on December 29, 2005, 06:27:23 AM
I talked to the guy on the coast and no he isn't going, or was in prision. Funny how stuff like that gets started. He is in Florence Oregon and has a ton of cars. He has some pretty cool stuff there too. 70 challenger r/t 440 auto (sold), coronet R/T, many roadrunners, a desoto or two. He also has a bunch of parts. Good place to look up if you can drive down there. He is just off of HWY 101 and about midway into town.

You don't have his phone number do you? ;) PM?

Daytona Guy

I have some parts. I have a 2nd Gen Charger tinted rear window that I will give anyone that will come and get it.

Daytona Guy

If you want it, it's yours. I did not know you needed it or I would have given it to you.

472 R/T SE

Different guy....the Mopar guy in Seaside did time for dealing Meth more than once.  That's no secret.  I don't know about this Florence guy?

Concerning the Seaside guy.  Most of the cars are gone from years ago.  He does still have his share of parts from what I heard, I'd most definitely call first.  Lots of times when I stopped in there, he wasn't there.  HisDad owns the go-kart track next door.   He had a '70 v code Charger, blue on blue with coast rust, I call it.  I was willing to trade my '68 Coronet RT and '72 Charger to own it back then.

bull

Quote from: Daytona Guy on December 29, 2005, 12:43:36 PM
I have some parts. I have a 2nd Gen Charger tinted rear window that I will give anyone that will come and get it.

Now you tell me. I just paid $125 for one last summer.

Quote from: AllBlueRT on December 29, 2005, 01:33:17 PM

Different guy....the Mopar guy in Seaside did time for dealing Meth more than once. That's no secret. I don't know about this Florence guy?

Concerning the Seaside guy. Most of the cars are gone from years ago. He does still have his share of parts from what I heard, I'd most definitely call first. Lots of times when I stopped in there, he wasn't there. HisDad owns the go-kart track next door. He had a '70 v code Charger, blue on blue with coast rust, I call it. I was willing to trade my '68 Coronet RT and '72 Charger to own it back then.

Yea, I remember being told it was next to a go-kart track. Do you have the guy's number, Mike?

Also, there's a classic auto wrecking yard up in Vancouver. But I can't remember the name of it or what street it's on. I kind of wrote it off because the prices were so dang high.

bull