News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What to do with my battery tray?

Started by Goldfinger71, December 29, 2005, 10:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldfinger71

Hey guys,
Can someone refresh my memory and tell me if my battery tray,j-hooks,brace,etc gets painted body color or not.........THANKS! :)
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

8WHEELER

All of the original braces and battery trays I have seen were painted body color.
The J-Hooks are left raw steel of raw steel color.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Drop Top

Have to agree with 8WHEELER. All the battery trays and braces where already in the car before it got painted. So they should be body color. The battery was put in latter down the line so that would make the J bolts and cross piece unpainted.

Silver R/T;
If your tray was black and the car wasn't black from the factory. This means that someone changed it at some point in time, before you got the car.

Silver R/T

I think they sell repro battery trays in black, right?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

8WHEELER

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 31, 2005, 05:33:10 PM

Yes, all of the repop battery trays I have seen came black.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 31, 2005, 05:33:10 PM

It's probably just E-coated which makes it look like a coat of thin black paint. Unless you're getting the car painted soon it should probably be painted because that coating comes off pretty easy.

Troy

E-coat shouldn't come off easily. I think my battery tray is painted with regular black paint just for protection until it's installed.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!