News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Color of blanking plates in Hood

Started by adammacca1100, December 29, 2005, 05:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adammacca1100

We've got a '69' Dodge Charger in the process of being repainted. And we are not sure of what color the blanking plates (what you would see looking back from the drivers seat) on the flutes/recess in the hood are meant to be. When we got the car they were fluro pink/orange on brown body, since been painted black. Just want to know what they should be. It's just a run of the mill Charger not R/T or anything.

Just 6T9 CHGR

The hood signal block off plates should be painted 30% gloss black to match the hood depression decal kit.

PS---welcome to the site and if you haven't already please register your 69!

www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

8WHEELER

Most people use the 3M black decal inserts in the area next to the hood turn signal area.
Yes all of that area should be black, do you have the signal delete plates?? if so they are
getting pretty rare and very hard to find. I have not had to paint them yet so go with the
formula Chris said. I just have put mine on my buffer wiheel ''lightly'' and they cleaned up great.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.