News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So where are the miniature wing cars?

Started by held1823, December 12, 2010, 08:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Jim, how much are the unrestored Big Willie cars?

held1823

$90, according to their website, which seems a pretty fair price, considering the edition size. i was still saving up for the three regular versions, so hopefully i can scrape up enough pennies for this one before they sell out.

http://www.supercar1.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5909

the ebay listings for three gold plated versions (out of 12 made) ended last night. i would love to own one, but they are way beyond my budget. i thought that the one which ended at $450 shipped went for crazy money, but it ended up looking like a steal. oddly enough, the guy who won the third listing actually saved himself $40 by losing out on the first one.

congrats on the listings, jim. a second chance offer to the guy who lost out on car #3, at $920, would have to be mighty tempting?

big1 - Copy.jpg

big2 - Copy.jpg

big3 - Copy.jpg    
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

pettybird

i just bought one of the unrestored cars...I figure they'll be a run on them after the inevitable 17 page spread in MCG  :rofl:

Aero426

Hey, they copied 3-Daytona's green car.

It's even got dull paint.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

SuperJim

Quote from: Aero426 on December 27, 2011, 11:06:22 AM
Jim, how much are the unrestored Big Willie cars?

$89.95 plus s/h
Not many left, so hope MCG doesn't do too big a write up.
Very few sets of 3 left too.
Jim
Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.
http://www.supercar1.com/index.php

pettybird

I got my unrestored car in the mail yesterday.  I'm very impressed with the details, the packaging and the quick shipping!

held1823

i definitely need to add that unrestored willie car to the 1/18th barnyard. the first one here was purchased this way; the rest are customs i've gathered over the years. there's still a little work left to be undone on the last two...

tdc 1999 unrestored.JPG

custom cb toys 1.JPG

custom beeker.JPG

custom rusty dc.JPG   
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nvrbdn

the rusted out one is amazing.great work. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

held1823

ertl has released numerous 1/18th scale wing cars, and even a few daytonas in 1/64th. opening trunks, complete with a spare tire, make for an unusual detail in this scale. i believe this is every color variation produced.

ertl164b.JPG

ertl164a.JPG

ertl164c.JPG   
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

pettybird

here's my newest--the holy grail of Tyco Superbirds.  The wing is cracked in two places, but the posts are perfect, the paint is good with very few chips and the decals are original. 

Aero426

held1823

Quote from: Aero426 on January 31, 2012, 05:51:30 PM
Tough one to find.  I am jealous.

very nice score. and x2 on the jealousy.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

pettybird

thanks.  and if I squint REALLY hard, I can almost tell myself it was a good deal...

69_500

Doug I will make it a great deal for you, just go ahead and send it my way. I mean surely you will find another one right?

Aero426

Doug Dempsey has been working with Mike Griesemer of G-Man-Graf-X on an accurate set of 1/25 model car decals for the #7 Superbird.     My understanding is that they are now available to order.   They have really nailed the right look, including the special Superbird wing decals.    I understand that Mike will offer additional variants for this car like the #77 Lem Blankenship USAC version and the #47 1972 Ramo paint job.    Doug Dempsey built the demo model shown here.

Mike's email contact info is:   mike_griesemer@msn.com <mike_griesemer@msn.com>     Mike has some other eye-popping USAC wing car decals available now like the #6 Bettenhausen Daytona, Norm Nelson's #2 Superbird, Dave Whitcomb's #8 Daytona and the Sal Tovella #8 Superbird. 

pettybird

not that I don't think the work is amazing, but shouldn't there be a red stripe in the "7" on the door?

those decals are killer...is the base the old Jo-Han kit?

Aero426

Quote from: pettybird on February 05, 2012, 10:42:05 PM
not that I don't think the work is amazing, but shouldn't there be a red stripe in the "7" on the door?

those decals are killer...is the base the old Jo-Han kit?

There is a red stripe in the middle of the #47 with is the 1972 paint job shown below.   No stripe for #7 or the 1971 version which is #77.  

Yes the body used is a JoHan.    Doug Dempsey uses a Revell-Monogram nose as it does not have the recessed molded in headlight decals.

Aero426

Some of the other new decal sets available:

Roger McCluskey 1972 USAC.  

Verlin Eaker #99 Nichels Daytona, 1971 USAC.

Larry Berwanger #16 Daytona, 1971 USAC

Sal Tovella, #37 Superbird, 1970 USAC

Aero426

More new 1/25 decals:

Norm Nelson #2 Superbird

Dave Whitcomb #8 Daytona

Jack McCoy Daytona

wingcar builder

Thanks Doug! yes me and Mike got some very rare decals coming out! so stay tuned for more photos coming. all the USAC Wingcars as well as some Grand Nationals are being done. The Fred Lorenzen #28 Piper Daytona is being done to correct the issues Yesterdays decals had when they did that set. Also a Cotton Owens Daytona will be in the mix later but right now the Ramo Stott cars and the Most Rare is the John Soares Superbird. and the Kevin Terris if we can find a better pick of it, so if anyone has a better photo please post or send it! thanks! also we need a color pic of the #26 Dragcraft Daytona if anyone has it I have 3 or 4 B&W's need to know the colors tho. also Mikes gonna do some Sponsor sheels like the OLSONITE sponsor for the #5 Nichels bird and couple differnt Quarter sponsors for Cotton Owens Dodges. so stay tuned!......

Aero426

Are the decals done on an Alps and how difficult are they to work with? 

wingcar builder

yes all are alps and very easy to work with.