News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got my new rocker molding trim on today

Started by 70charginglizard, December 30, 2005, 07:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

Well it showed up today and I wasted no time in getting it put on.

Sorry bout the pic quality it was getting dark out in the garage by the time I got um on.

Pretty nice though hu.
70charginglizard

70charginglizard

this is what was on it before I got the correct pieces for my year make and model.

Anyone know what these old ones I had were originally used for. I'm thinking an older GTX or something. Not sure though

any comments?
70charginglizard

AKcharger

I need to install a set...what was your source?

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

jaak

Looks great!!!!!! My car had them and I plan On getting me a set (my old ones are rough) But I think That wide rocker moulding looks great on Chargers, adds a nice touch.

Jason

grek

70chargerlizard,

Did you have to drill to install the rocker moldings?  If so, how many drill holes?  Also, is the rocker molding held on by clips as I don't see any screws at the front or back of the molding?  I'm planning to install rocker moldings on my 69 charger however I don't want any screws present to the nake eye.

Thank You,

Grek

70charginglizard

Quote from: grek on December 31, 2005, 01:22:37 AM
70chargerlizard,

Did you have to drill to install the rocker moldings?   If so, how many drill holes?   Also, is the rocker molding held on by clips as I don't see any screws at the front or back of the molding?   I'm planning to install rocker moldings on my 69 charger however I don't want any screws present to the nake eye.

Thank You,

Grek

Grek,
I purchased the correct clip kit from R/T Specialites site http://www.rtspecialties.net/

This is the clip you need to order- http://www.rtspecialties.net/rtphotos/6002750.jpg

The kit comes with 18 of them (9 each side) Note: you don't need this first metal clip steve is talking about in the installation proceedure below. the kit doesn't come with it and I have no idea where to get it from. Just use all the plastic ones that come in the clip installation kit and you'll be fine.

Heres the clip installation proceedure. Got it from a guy named Steve from the 70 charger registy site.  http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/
This is what he told me-

Starting from the front guard there is one hole 8 3/4 inch from rear end of guard it will end up slightly forward of the penstar this is for the metal clip.
Now the tricky part the holes that run across the rocker panels are measured at 2 inches up from bottom face of rocker or 1 3/4 inch down from top face to hole centre there is six that run along the rocker under the door and two holes will end up in the rear quarter panel make sure you get them all level.
Starting at front of the rocker panel behind the front guard rear edge the measurments are as follows leading back to last hole in rear quarter.
Eight more holes will need to be drilled
hole one to eight etc
2 1/4 10 1/2 19 1/4 28 1/8 37 5/8 47 1/8 52 3/4 63 7/8 measurments in inches

Installing the rocker molding after the clips are on is a piece of cake. You just drap it over the top of all the new clips and snap it over the bottom with a little pressure.

Good luck and have fun.

70charginglizard
70charginglizard