News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

inner fender spot welds?

Started by charger72, December 30, 2005, 12:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger72

I am in the process of taking the inner fenders off of my spare front clip to install them onto my 71 bee, but am having problems on trying to cut the spot welds around the shock mount bracket that I dont need. I am using a Dent Fix  air gun made by spitznagel but it is a pita to use with out the outer sleeve on it. Could I just plasma cut them out?

Blown70

Not sure but do you have a spot weld cutter...?  Or is that what you are using?

Tom

charger72

Here are a couple pics. 1 is of the front clip that I need to get the front iner fenders and  radiator support from, and  the other is of the spot weld cutter.

Blown70

only saw the one pictue. But if you do not need the shock tower trip around it.  ESP if you said you have a plasma cutter... They usually do a nice job.... JUST MAKE SURE YOU CUT IN THE RIGHT PLACE... CHECK 4-5 TIMES...  :icon_smile_big:

charger72

here is the cutter

Blown70

Cutter I was thinking of is the SNAP-ON that goes in a 3/8 or 1/2 in DRILL.

From what I see that is not going to work? 

CUT CUT CUT ;D

charger72

It does a really nice job with the black arm on it cause it grabs the back of the metal and pushed the bit right through. you can use it without it , but it is a pain without it. Is the Snap on one just a bit you put into a regular drill?

Blown70

Quote from: charger72 on December 30, 2005, 02:37:31 PM
It does a really nice job with the black arm on it cause it grabs the back of the metal and pushed the bit right through. you can use it without it , but it is a pain without it. Is the Snap on one just a bit you put into a regular drill?

I do not have a picture but yes.  You mount the correct size for the spot weld you have.... I bought a kit that has I want to say 6 different sizes and you mount that on the bit and Put that into the chuck on a DRILL.  Kit comes with a CENTER PUNCH or you can drill a pilot hole.

www.69hemi.com  this is what he used and from what I see I do like it so far.

Tom

Drop Top

I buy my spot weld cutting bits from my local automotive paint suplie house. They carry the same bits and are cheaper then the truck.

jaak

Quote from: Drop Top on December 30, 2005, 10:10:58 PM
I buy my spot weld cutting bits from my local automotive paint suplie house. They carry the same bits and are cheaper then the truck.

Yeah the Truck guys usually stick it to ya   :o :o

Blown70

Quote from: jaak on December 31, 2005, 12:45:40 AM
Quote from: Drop Top on December 30, 2005, 10:10:58 PM

Yeah the Truck guys usually stick it to ya     :o :o

Well mine was a trade with customer.... so no $$ left my pocket for them,  He is a regional manager that had some left overs.... ;D