News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee Push Bar

Started by MoparMotel, December 30, 2005, 04:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMotel

Im having a hard time finding the large pushbar for the General Lee without having to spend $350. Does anyone know where to get them except ebay?

Nickskochko@yahoo.com
1968 Dodge Charger

PocketThunder

Can you make your own?

If you have a welder and a chop saw you could fab one up in an afternoon.  Or go to a welding and steel supply business and give them the plans and they could make one for you pretty easy.   They have all the nice cutters and bending machines in one shop. 

Go to the confederate general lee fan club website and look around for the plans....

PT :thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

Even better yet!!!  http://www.buildagenerallee.com/genleebars.html   $250 out the door.  i found this in about 5 seconds on google "general lee push bar"

hope this helps...  :drive:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

MoparMotel

yes, i saw those, thanks P.T...............I found one on ebay that looks pretty good for $149...........i might go that route........thanks for the help
1968 Dodge Charger

THE COLONEL

Buildagenerallee.com does have the correct jig from the shows for the bigger push bar.  Tony is excellent to deal with.  Also the Smith Brothers at:  http://www.richardcummins.com/smithbros also make the same jig push bar with a little added bonus.  If you get a puchbar from them, they have a plate already welded onto the push bar so it bolts into your liscence plate braket.  It gives extra support to the bar so it will never sag or have to be re-hung later.  If you look at the bolts for the licence plate braket it bolts directly into there and then you can weld or bolt the arms of your push bar under the car.  The smith brothers number is on their website.  Either way you are good to go if you go that route, but they are the same jig as the ones on the show.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

1973dodgecharger

some times you can find those at flea markets too. thats what i'm going to end up doing for my '73. i'm just going to cut off the over hangs that go around the lights.