News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RM23U0A165382 - fender tag for sale on Ebay

Started by Alaskan_TA, December 31, 2010, 11:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

Didnt see it from 79 - wasnt in WW .Maybe DSAC might have it

petercharger

OK I am going to ask a dumb question.  what would somebody do with a fender tag...since there are so few superbirds made...everyone knows the story behind the ones that are still around...and the ones that have missing parts showing up...does it not make it hard to clone one and tell the buyer its the real deal...or am i missing something else...thanks :popcrn:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

nascarxx29

Somebody would save it as a souvenir mopart stuart bought a rusty superbird fender off ebay :Twocents: .As the vin is known to be just a tag.Unless its a living car that lost its tag.That might have been junked back in the day .And someone grabbed the tag off the car

Beep Beep Dave

Is that even a legit tag? Doesn't pass my 10 second inspection :shruggy:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

nascarxx29

Redbird

I don't get it either. I understand it if someone is the 1 person who has the car. Otherwise what does someone do with it? If someone were to use it to have a Vin tag done and then get a title, my guess is that is a felony offense. Moreover the original car could still be around, if a second car was created the paperwork would lead back to the person who paid for the fabricated title, major stupid. If somehow someone did create a car with it, the title is always going to lead back to the fabricator of the title, so they would always need to be looking over their shoulder for when the lawsuit happens.

It seems folks would be money ahead simply looking to buy a NOS woodgrain steering wheel.

FJ5WING

I cant believe how much its been bid up to so far. :brickwall: I guess someone....eh never mind! :P
wingless now, but still around.

62 Max

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on January 01, 2011, 01:22:56 PM
Is that even a legit tag? Doesn't pass my 10 second inspection :shruggy:

Dave

Dave,you didn't look long enough,as good as it get's.

Old Moparz

Saving it here.....  :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ghoste

One need only follow the discussion surrounding the legitimacy of the Bobby Allison Daytona or the Cotton Owens Daytona or the Mod Top Daytona or the 70 Daytonas to quickly answer any questions as to how would someone be able to make a real car from it.
There are a lot of well documented cars that have been sold in envelopes.  Worse, it too often seems like the moment they are sold in a high profile environment for big dollars they are magically recognized as the real deal.
That is why I argue so much with some of the people who want to "create" new provenance for their cars in the form of broadcast sheets which reflect what they "believe" the car came with or fender tags that show the options they've added.  That's even why I get too worked up about reskinning, rebodying, recreating, rewhateveryouwanttocallit but it's still a virtually different car.

DAY CLONA

One need only follow the discussion surrounding the legitimacy of the Bobby Allison Daytona or the Cotton Owens Daytona or the Mod Top Daytona or the 70 Daytonas to quickly answer any questions as to how would someone be able to make a real car from it.

First off that Bobby Allison "wing thing" is an abortion on wheels, plain and simple,....... what does the Modtop or 70 Tona's have to do with this thread, when I posted pics a few years back on Moparts about the Modtop Tona (with the owners permission BTY) I disclosed pics of the fender tag, VIN, and buildsheet, as well as some brief information on the material, it's designation, as well as assorted pics, as far as the cars tags/bs/vin they're  legit Chrysler documents, and now that the car has come to light, more information is coming forward,...I just think that you being one of the  initial naysayers  regarding this car's exsistance, is finding it a difficult decision on how you like your crow prepared,....same for the 70 Tona's

As far as rebodies go, they are, have been, and always will be part of the hobby, like it or not

Mike

Ghoste

I have been and continue to remain a naysayer.  I missed your all revealing post on the Mod Top car but I assume you provided pics proving the car was built by Chrysler as a Mod Top as opposed to the circumstantial evidence that is coming forward currently?  Because without something more than "I talked to old Billy Bob and he was there and saw it with his own two eyes", it is just hearsay.  Could it be possible?  Sure.  But I don't like to get in the line too quickly without having seen documentation.  Much like your 70 Daytona proof.  I know you have the photos taken inside Highland Park of a single car that was somehow parked in the photo area and I vaguely recall something about a security guard who saw it drive in and out every day.  I am sure by now you have also found VIN's, fender tags, broadcast sheets and so forth.
All the same, having not had the benefit of seeing all of the actual hard information that you have, I am sadly forced to say that given only circumstantial, anecdotal, and hearsay evidence of these cars I still naysay.  It's like hearing a song about unicorns.
As for rebodies, them having always been here and always wil be, well of course they have and will.  I'm not naive enough to think that my tilting at windmills will make them go away.  Having said that in no way obligates me to accept the practice as okay either.
And Mike, I like my crow any way you care to prepare it.  I've eaten it plenty of times and I suspect I will all of my life because as much as I may not run gleefully to jump on your bandwagon, I have never been too proud to admit my many many mistakes when actual proof comes to light on topics.  I see fake cars every single month in my work so I have become jaded to the whole thing.  Give me evidence I can accept I and I will eat my crow happily and in public every single time.  

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Ghoste on January 01, 2011, 11:06:57 PM
There are a lot of well documented cars that have been sold in envelopes.  Worse, it too often seems like the moment they are sold in a high profile environment for big dollars they are magically recognized as the real deal.
That is why I argue so much with some of the people who want to "create" new provenance for their cars in the form of broadcast sheets which reflect what they "believe" the car came with or fender tags that show the options they've added.  That's even why I get too worked up about reskinning, rebodying, recreating, rewhateveryouwanttocallit but it's still a virtually different car.

:iagree:     With all of the above.

Aero426

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on December 31, 2010, 11:27:11 PM
Anyone know the car or what happened to it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-1970-Superbird-Fender-Tag-/250749628840?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a61d7b1a8

It was never reported to DSAC either Barry.  So neither club had record of it.   It could still be out there, but my gut tells me it is an envelope car. 

WB General Lee

I have collected Mopars for 30 years and I am not a fan of cars that are rebodied or retagged. The worst is when the engine black was restamped,  especially a Hemi car :flame:. If the seller does not reveal this and he is trying to benefit from this, he should be prosecuted :yesnod:. If you reveal everything about youre car, then the price will reflect as to actual value. A rebodied car should go for considerablly less money. Its almost like a salvaged car. I personally would not buy one of these.

swissmopar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-1970-Superbird-Fender-Tag-/250749628840?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a61d7b1a8

Hi Barry,
I bought the fender tag it is save in a Swiss bank vault. There will never be a rebodied car nor any other criminal attempt to reuse the fender tag. I will buy all the Superbird fender tags which show up for sale without a car behind it. You know I am located in Zürich, Switzerland that's about 4850 miles away from your place.
Karl
Ps. Barry - got the picture CD w/low mile TA Challenger from you - a few years ago - helped a lot to do the restoration on my AAR Cuda!

moparstuart

Quote from: swissmopar on January 23, 2011, 02:25:59 AM

Hi Barry,
I bought the fender tag it is save in a Swiss bank vault. There will never be a rebodied car nor any other criminal attempt to reuse the fender tag. I will buy all the Superbird fender tags which show up for sale without a car behind it. You know I am located in Zürich, Switzerland that's about 4850 miles away from your place.
Karl
Ps. Barry - got the picture CD w/low mile TA Challenger from you - a few years ago - helped a lot to do the restoration on my AAR Cuda!
i just reunited  a lost tag with a car  , maybe it will show up someday  ???
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE