News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Charger Traction Control Key Trick

Started by Lizey, January 10, 2011, 09:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizey

has anyone heard of the trick where you get your new Charger R/T up to 15mph and turn the key to start and apparently it will turn your traction control all the way off? i read this somewhere and i wasnt quite sure.
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

Magnumcharger

On my new Challenger R/T, all I do is hold down the ESP off button, and traction control is completely disabled.

Not too sure about turning your ignition key after the engine is running.... :scratchchin:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

FLG

Actually a lot of the newer cars you cant over start. Ive accidentally tried to start my truck after its running, and it does nada, out of curiosity i tried it on the work van (2010 Dodge Caravan, has the little dongle thing) and that also does nothing.

Khyron

ohh common, not even a chuckle for my link :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

aussiemuscle

it's funny that the charger is made in the country that values freedom, but they wont' let you turn off the traction control  :hah:

Mike DC

The country values freedom so much that we're allowed to sue anyone and anything.  That's why our products are getting too idiot-proofed.

drifter69

I don't think it's a matter of "don't let". Yes, we do value our freedom and had to put alot of people in traction to get it. :nana:

daveco

Quote from: aussiemuscle on January 11, 2011, 11:34:31 PM
it's funny that the charger is made in the country that values freedom, but they wont' let you turn off the traction control  :hah:

Canada?
R/Tree

Lord Warlock

You're talking about the Key trick, and it turns off the ESP until you shut the motor off again and restart it.  Re: the challenger owner,  this trick will work with the new challenger as well, since pressing the ESP button does not actually turn OFF the ESP function completly, it turns it mostly off, but not completely, using the key trick will disable it temporarily.   If you own an SRT8 challenger, you can bypass the ESP completely using the button.  But us R/T owners are stuck with the key trick or living with a partial disable. 

R/T and SE ESP "Key Tricks"
To completely disable the R/T ESP/Traction Control. While moving at more than 15 mph, you turn the key to START and
hold it for a few seconds until the system chimes. (Don't worry, the starter won't engage). The chimes indicate that the
ESP is now completely disabled until you turn the engine off. This is known as the "key trick."

for other neat tricks, you can check out the 100 tips and tricks site.

http://www.sequentialtaillights.com/dodge/100%20Challenger%20Tips%20and%20Tricks.htm#ChallTip29
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

charger2fast4u

that's a good trick to know when i get my chance in a new charger or challenger thats some valuable information  :D i always thought on cars that have the traction button it was either fully on or fully off

Lord Warlock

Bring your superbird over, and i'll let you take a new challenger r/t for a ride.  With 372 hp, its faster than the old charger r/t was and with a predator tune its got a few extra hp

69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.