News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new vectors

Started by darkside, January 02, 2006, 07:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkside

American racing is bringing back the vectors!!They said mid january to late february.Here is the pic they mailed me.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

General Ryan

lookin forward to them. :yesnod:

darkside

Ryan are you on the  group buy?I can't wait myself.

MoparMotel

Already have a set on order.........Can't wait!
1968 Dodge Charger

694spdRT

That should help some guys out...the prices of the used ones were getting pretty crazy.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

General Ryan

Quote from: darkside on January 02, 2006, 08:01:50 PM
Ryan are you on the   group buy?I can't wait myself.

Yes I am, providing the price is advantages instead of me goin to my local dealer.

jaak

What are the prices on them???  I'm not building a general clone, but may be intrested in a set myself.

bull

Dummies. American Racing could have been raking in the cash for the past 20 years on those. Where have they been?

MoparMotel

hey what group buy, i might be interested in buying another set?
1968 Dodge Charger

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Khyron

<--- not building a General Lee

<--- Loves the Vector rims

<--- Will buy the Vector rims

those thiefs selling them on E-Bay for ungodly amounts of money are going to cry now! MUAHHAHAH

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ChargerHound69

I have a set of original 14x7.

What are the new size limits.   I would like a set of 15x7 or 8.   Who do I contact to get these wheels??

BlueSS454

I'd like to know how much they will be going for, and what sizes will be available.  I'm going to need a set, but not for a while.  Maybe if I get that nice income tax check back.....
Tom Rightler

PocketThunder

Lets make bets, i'll say $250 a pop.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BlueSS454

Does anyone have a link for information on them?  I've been looking at American Racing's website for 15 minutes unable to find any info.
Tom Rightler

General_01

The 14x7's, will probably still bring in $500 or more because AR is only re-popping them in 15x7 and 15x8.5. The General in the series usually had 14x7's from what I understand. I will be getting a new set in 15x7's when they are released. Will look good on the General, even with grey inserts. :icon_smile_big:

They won't be on the website for awhile, until pricing is available in mid-January is my guess. Try the North American General Lee Fan Club(NAGLFC.com) and the Confederate General Lee Fan Club(CGLFC.com). There are threads talking about the new Vectors on there.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

MoparMotel

My dad said he ordered a set from Wheel King in Fresno CA.......said they were something like $175 a piece or something.......the guy said they wont be realeased till late january early feb.
1968 Dodge Charger

ChargerHound69

I have never had good luck with Wheel King.  The people there are always rude, and act like you are bothering them.

I walked out the last time I was there because halfway through my sentance, the guy picked up the phone and started answering their questions.

Nothing bothers me more than that. 

If someone is standing right in front of you, why would you pick up the phone and deal with that customer, while the other person waits???

Silver R/T

now everyones gonna buy em and stick them on any charger to make "lee replica" "just like in movies"
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ChargerHound69

Actually, alot of people liked them on El Camino's.  I see them on those all the time. 

I just like the way they look.

Silver R/T

hlpag is getting bulk buy lol
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ChargerBill

Quote from: 694spdRT on January 02, 2006, 08:02:50 PM
That should help some guys out...the prices of the used ones were getting pretty crazy.

Gee, I WONDER why? Hmmm, I can think of a few GOUGING opportunists out there...anyone care to take a guess? Look, making a profit is one thing, but cornering the market on an item (or items) and setting exhorbitant prices is another. It kills me when a fellow enthusiast is the first out there to rape the hobby for whatever they can get...makes you wonder if they really are here for the right reasons.That bad taste left in my mouth after such an incident isn't soon forgot...and I hope you all don't forget so easily either. I look at a company like RT Specialties or Just Suspension and they are doing the hobby a huge service, then there are the bottom feeders looking to sell an item for 5 to 10 times the amount that they paid for it because they know that daddy warbucks doesn't care about price. THEY are the ones responsible for the absolute absurdity in pricing going on these days because THEY are in it for the money...don't let them fool you. Next time you need a piece of stainless to finish off your Charger remember who bought them all up for $20 each (or had them donated) and turned around and put them all on ebag for $200 each...next time maybe you'll decide to pass on that sellers overpriced items and tell everyone else in the hobby to do so as well....or maybe you like seeing rear view mirrors go for the price of two weeks worth of groceries.
Life is a highway...

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 04, 2006, 12:14:56 AM
now everyones gonna buy em and stick them on any charger to make "lee replica" "just like in movies"

screw that...    not on my baby --- no way
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

73dodge

looks like HPLAG will now have a ready source for their Gen Lee clones. Now they can through a set of wheels on one of their bondo buggies and post it on egay splashed with orange paint and pull the wheels off just before they ship the car
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!