News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Forget the Volt, I want one of these.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 12, 2011, 04:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

:drool5:   2012 Shelby conv

The first Shelby convertible since 1970 made its debut at the Chicago Auto Show, and the specialty car maker also revealed two new color options for the limited run pony car.

Only 350 Shelby GT350s will be built at the firm's Las Vegas headquarters and will include both coupe and convertible variants.

"Last year, we brought back the GT350 45 years after it was launched," said Carroll Shelby, founder of the company that bears his name. "They look and sound just like the ones we built in 1965. We're repeating history by offering two additional colors and building a few convertibles for the second year of production."

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bull

If you want an electric car get one that looks like something you'd want to be seen in (not that I'm so hot on that sedan, but...).

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ill take the shiny red one to match my '99 please ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Drache

I watched a show awhile back (couple years) about a company in the US that was making '65 Shelby Cobras with electric engines. These were very fast little cars and had a cute girl doing a smoke show and doughtnuts with one in the parking lot :D

The had a hefty price tag though.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Cooter

Yep, and again, the very idea of a Musclecar is supposed to be a cheap car with a huge engine...The only thing huge on the "Cobra" and "Shelby" Mustang's is the price....

Today's prices for these cars, would be like paying $25K for a 1967 Shelby GT500 in 1967...They were NOT that expensive when the originals were produced, so why the huge leap in pricetag? Does Carroll Shelby need THAT much money in his old age? Or are Folks these days willing to take one up the dookie shoot for a 550 HP "Musclecar"?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Nacho-RT74

but there is not market for 2 doors!! I can't understand!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Cooter on February 12, 2011, 10:21:04 PM
Yep, and again, the very idea of a Musclecar is supposed to be a cheap car with a huge engine...The only thing huge on the "Cobra" and "Shelby" Mustang's is the price....

Today's prices for these cars, would be like paying $25K for a 1967 Shelby GT500 in 1967...They were NOT that expensive when the originals were produced, so why the huge leap in pricetag? Does Carroll Shelby need THAT much money in his old age? Or are Folks these days willing to take one up the dookie shoot for a 550 HP "Musclecar"?
They are just so much more car than they were back then.  It's almost apples and oranges.  My god look at that engine, let alone all the other high tech and computer toys that come with it compared to the go cart car of the 60's.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Cooter

Yeah, and that "Go-Kart" car your refer to will be worth more than any plastic "toy" car they build today..Afterall, it's that "Go-Kart" car this one is chasing, not the other way round..You can't tell me someone would rather have a 2011 Shelby over a 1967 Shelby..Nice try.....All the gagets and electronic sh*t on that car, don't mean a hill-o-beans...You are buying it cause it's has a RACING heritage and makes LOADS of power.. NOT because it has an electronic ass scratcher....All that Electronic sh*t has no place in this car. I believe I was correct in my first assumption, people like bending over and grabbing ankles for today's "Musclecars"....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

mauve66

would be cool if Hertz went and had some done up in black and gold like they did in the old days

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Cooter on February 13, 2011, 10:09:06 AM
Yeah, and that "Go-Kart" car your refer to will be worth more than any plastic "toy" car they build today..Afterall, it's that "Go-Kart" car this one is chasing, not the other way round..You can't tell me someone would rather have a 2011 Shelby over a 1967 Shelby..Nice try.....All the gadgets and electronic sh*t on that car, don't mean a hill-o-beans...You are buying it cause it's has a RACING heritage and makes LOADS of power.. NOT because it has an electronic ass scratcher....All that Electronic sh*t has no place in this car. I believe I was correct in my first assumption, people like bending over and grabbing ankles for today's "Musclecars"....
Most old timers may want the 67 over the new 2012, but I'd bet many more would take the comfort and power of a 2012 over the 67.  I don't even like the 67 model year.  I loved the 69/70 Conv.  Put the 2 in front of me and it would be a hard call.  The 2012 is no silly car.  It's as important as the 67 just faster smoother, cooler and stops better.  Not everyone is into old Muscle.  Ain't nothing wrong with some of this new stuff.

maxwellwedge

Most over 40-50 years of age would probably take the 67. The real one, The original. The last year of the true Shelby. The one you grew up admiring but couldn't have.

I wonder which one I would take?    :D

The newer one would be ok but I would put my money down on a nice 67.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 13, 2011, 07:47:43 PM
Most over 40-50 years of age would probably take the 67. The real one, The original. The last year of the true Shelby. The one you grew up admiring but couldn't have.

I wonder which one I would take?    :D

The newer one would be ok but I would put my money down on a nice 67.
Like I said most old timers might.  You can only be the original once I understand that but In all ways the 2012 is just as real just ask Carol, he's leaning on the car.

" The one you grew up admiring but couldn't have."  Yeah, this one the 2012.
Conv form only though.  :icon_smile_big:

Cooter

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 13, 2011, 07:41:32 PM
Yeah, and that "Go-Kart" car your refer to will be worth more than any plastic "toy" car they build today..Afterall, it's that "Go-Kart" car this one is chasing, not the other way round..You can't tell me someone would rather have a 2011 Shelby over a 1967 Shelby..Nice try.....All the gadgets and electronic sh*t on that car, don't mean a hill-o-beans...You are buying it cause it's has a RACING heritage and makes LOADS of power.. NOT because it has an electronic ass scratcher....All that Electronic sh*t has no place in this car. I believe I was correct in my first assumption, people like bending over and grabbing ankles for today's "Musclecars"....
Not everyone is into old Muscle.  Ain't nothing wrong with some of this new stuff.

Yep, and when a '67 Shelby has a drivability problem, you simply get out and fix it..(Or most on here could)...When all that electronic crap on that car breaks, I'm the one standing in the service lane listening to your ranting a raving about how much to fix it?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Cooter on February 13, 2011, 09:27:13 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 13, 2011, 07:41:32 PM
Not everyone is into old Muscle.  Ain't nothing wrong with some of this new stuff.
Yep, and when a '67 Shelby has a drivability problem, you simply get out and fix it..(Or most on here
could)...When all that electronic crap on that car breaks, I'm the one standing in the service lane listening to yourranting a raving about how much to fix it?

I'll give you that one, but........  The chance of the 67 breaking is 100% and the chance of the 2012 is
much much much much less.  Hey you can't have it all, but both  are great cars.  Still like the 69 over the 67.

aussiemuscle

Quote from: mauve66 on February 13, 2011, 12:07:44 PM
would be cool if Hertz went and had some done up in black and gold like they did in the old days
haven't they already done that?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: aussiemuscle on February 17, 2011, 07:12:10 PM
Quote from: mauve66 on February 13, 2011, 12:07:44 PM
haven't they already done that?
I'm gonna risk it all and say, yes.

jeryst

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on February 12, 2011, 11:21:34 PM
but there is not market for 2 doors!! I can't understand!!!

Lol - I'm with you.

Thats the same reasoning that keeps the Charger a 4-door. If they built them, they would sell.

mauve66

that one looks like a shelby done in black and gold but is it a real hertz car??  i know they did some v6 rentals for hertz but a shelby??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment