News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

spark plug wire boots???????

Started by 69chargerdad, January 03, 2006, 09:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerdad

any one know what boots to use on a 69  charger  440    with tti headers?????      Ken

471_Magnum

What heads?

Generally, I found 135 degree boots work best in most applications, including E'brock heads and TTi headers, as well as stock heads and Hi-Po manifolds. They give you a lot of flexibility to direct the wire away from the header or manifold.

Both Taylor and Moroso have 8mm wires with 135 degree boots.

Straight boots would be my second choice.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

69chargerdad

thanks we were actually looking at the taylor 8mm wires with the 90/135 boots        Ken

firefighter3931

The straight or 135* boots will work fine with e-heads and tti headers. I'll be using the MSD 8.5 mm flexible boots on mine. There's all kinds of boot clearance with the tti's and an angled plug head.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chryco Psycho

I generally use the MSD straight boots these are bendable so you can adjust the angle

BigBlockSam

i also used the MSD straight boots . they worked well. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

RallyeMike

The 135's work great with headers for clearance and something to grip when pulling them off.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/