News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gee I wonder why this never came into production? This is cool.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 23, 2011, 07:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69rtse4spd

A383Wing

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Old Moparz

I like it, but I'm sure the reason they never went into production is cost. I bet the mechanicals under there were fairly complicated & took up a lot of room.

Now, I believe a few reasons we are lucky that idea was never available are....

1)  Back end of car swings out into moving traffic & causes accidents.
2)  Back end of car goes in the wrong direction up onto sidewalk & wipes out pedestrians.
3)  Driver forgets to engage extra wheel & slams into cars parked in front or in back.
4)  Passengers getting in or out of car are dragged on pavement when car goes sideways.
5)  NOS parts will cost as much as a house.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Chargerrtforme

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 24, 2011, 11:59:40 AM
I like it, but I'm sure the reason they never went into production is cost. I bet the mechanicals under there were fairly complicated & took up a lot of room.

2)  Back end of car goes in the wrong direction up onto sidewalk & wipes out pedestrians.
3)  Driver forgets to engage extra wheel & slams into cars parked in front or in back.
4)  Passengers getting in or out of car are dragged on pavement when car goes sideways.
All creative reasons except #3. I'm sure there will be some sort of protective measure to prevent that. There would be a lamp that goes on or you feel the car rise etc....

Brock Samson

That reminds me of all the cars of the future,.. I see some expensive cars today can park themselves... Quite slowly, The tests of these systems left the testers so impatient they shut it off and just parked the car themselves... I always felt and still feel you can judge a driver by the way they park,.. I see folks get their little prius or Mini up one wheel on the curb after 6 or seven turns lock to lock, i wanna slap them and rip up their license right on the spot. I always take great pride in whipping my car into tight parking spots in two manuvers. stop,..  back in, curb the wheels. I'm out!  :shruggy: I've been complimented many times by bystanders for parking, 'n that's gotta make ya' feel good.  :yesnod:

Old Moparz

Quote from: Chargerrtforme on February 24, 2011, 12:28:58 PM

All creative reasons except #3. I'm sure there will be some sort of protective measure to prevent that. There would be a lamp that goes on or you feel the car rise etc....

You have too much faith in humanity to believe that a little light bulb can save us.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Bobby41909

All are true but could you imagine the cool donuts you could do... :smilielol: 

aussiemuscle

one of many great ideas that never made it. it makes sense to actually get some use out of the spare. i guess there could be issues with getting the spare tire when you actually get a flat. still in this day and age most women just call their auto club anyway.