News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66-69 Mopar B-Body Hotchkis TVS System

Started by MORFF, March 01, 2011, 04:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORFF

Ok guys went with the TVS  SKU: 80110 from Hotchkis from Never Enough Auto Accessories on Ebay got a good deal saved 600.00. My question is shocks and Torsion bars . Was going to go with the Bilstein shocks that Hotchkis has for 400. No Idea where to get the torsion bars. Whats is your guys ideas Tks Pics comming soon can not wait to take K-frame out and Rear end out to rebuild.  My 69 Charger orginally had a 383 Big block in it going with a 440.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

What do you guys think of the 41" 1.03" Forged Torsion Bars B&E Body Models from Hotchkis?
With the Bilstein RCD Shocks, Dodge B & E Body 4 Pack, Stock Height Cars also from Hotchkis?
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

WHITE AND RED 69

The hotchkis 1.03" torsion bars are great quality and its nice that they include the seals and clips for $385 on hotchkis.net. Firm feel has 1" bars for $325 and 1.06" for $345. but I dont think that includes the clips? As for shocks I run the edelbrock performer IAS and I like them. They are $320 for a set on summit. I hear nothing but great things about the Bilsteins and down the line I might try them out but for now I am happy with the edelbrocks.   :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

MORFF

Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Ok just opened up my April 2011 Mopar Action magizeen saw Performance Suspension Technology(PST) torsion bars 1.03 for 219.00 with Polygraphite seals for 25.00 extra. They also have free shipping. Is a 1.03 torsion bars FROM (PST) the same performance as the Hotchkis 1.03 Torsion bars? tks.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Never mind Never-enough-auto has the same set torsion bar set that Hotchkis sells for $319 Instaed of 385 plus 40.00 shipped. You guys got to check them out www.NeverEnoughAuto.com. Just ordered my Hotchkis TVS from them and saved 600.00. I wish I had a unlimited money supply and could dump money in my car but not the case. I did not ask if our car forum got discounts though them have to ask next time.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Musicman

MORFF

progress not yet have to wait tell a bmw gets out of garage then i can go in the garage guy doing body work and i am doing the tvs for car. cant wait i think in a week. I got the whole tvs looks nice. getting the torrsion bars soon and disk rotors from year one i just have to wait for garage space its killing me.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Musicman

MORFF

Alright got my calipers going to http://calipersonline.com/ in Algonac, MI. should get there tues. 13 POUNDS A PIECE cost me 54.00 to ship. Got my Hotchkis 1.03  torrsion bars coming from http://neverenoughauto.com in Grant, MI . And my brake rotors coming from year one. Seams like all the parts I get come from Michigan lol guess thats where the good parts come from. I am going to have all my brake and suspension parts in my bed room soon.Tell ya wife loves me. Any body know any body that hunts BMWS I hate these cars this one will not leave a garage a easy kill.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

sixty-niner

I am interested in the TVS system and they have it listed for 2,826.  Did you get 600 off of that or is that the price you paid?

Big Sugar

Just had my first Chance today to try out my Hotchkis Swaybars and Bilstein shocks and I gotta say .....Im a happy camper ! I still need the upper control arms and the rear leaf setup but as it stands now I could not be happier with the money and time invested so far.
Im all welded up down below and have the XV motorsport chassis bracing up front,  The K member and Lower control arms are all welded up the lower control arms have the  poly spindle kit from Firm Feel as well.
The Ride is smooth and firm not harsh at all, I've got .97" front torsion bars and rear leafs are a set of Mopar performance xhd's .

See pics here.....http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,100710.0.html

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: sixty-niner on May 25, 2013, 06:50:56 PM
I am interested in the TVS system and they have it listed for 2,826.  Did you get 600 off of that or is that the price you paid?

Summit has the kit for $2695. Summit and Jegs usually have a better price than most vendors that I have seen. If you wait till Hotchkis puts on a sale, Summit will also lower the prices as well. I got my kit for around $2000 with one of their christmas 25% off sales. I know they always do a Thanksgiving and Christmas sale if you can wait that long. :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

sixty-niner

I can wait, hell the car doesnt even have a motor yet.  so you bought it from hotchkis with a 25% discount??