News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats your fav. non-mopar ?

Started by 69bananabeast, August 02, 2005, 01:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

This is always such a tough topic for me, because I practically want one of EACH! :smilielol:

These are my top few, I think.
70 Chevelle convert LS6/4-speed

72 Zamm 455SD/4-speed

67 Vette coupe 427 L88

69 Cougar 428/4-speed (this particular one's a 390 car)

72 Torino GT 429 Ram Air/4-speed

69 Mach1 428SCJ/4-speed & shaker
One of the sexiest musclecars ever produced...just behind the 2nd gen Charger, that is. :icon_smile_big:

Oh & if I ever win the lottery (or my money tree produces)...
67 Shelby GT500 (early production, with inboard lights) A real one, not an Elanore. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Blown70

Quote from: IBsmokin on August 04, 2005, 12:56:51 PM
dodge made some really beautiful 2 door chargers, yup the best ones were made in 1969 to 1974

yah I owned a few GM's myself, went thru 7 camaros, 2 monte carlo's a chevelle and 2 nova's, but nothing beats a the pure of a mopar in the morning!!!

Ok I should have said New Charger.  I have had a 69 and currently own a 70   

DC_1

70 Shelby GT 500 vert for me

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

ChargerRob

1969 Dodge Charger R/T   :o  Sorry you mean non-mopar   ;D   Still 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

andy74

i also want a diablo,and my first hot rod,a 74 z 28,350 with tunnel ram,dual quads,4.56s and a manual valve body turbo 400. saw the guy who i sold it to the other day,and he still has it

Dans 68

'nuff said.
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

derailed

Wow, its good to know theres alot of other poncho fans here. I grew up with them and my father had a 67 gto and they became my all time favorite car and still are ;D. I would like one in regimental red/black vinyl top with rally one wheels.

MTPOCKET

How about this one. :yesnod:   Ummh it's a Plymouth that count? ;)

69bananabeast

I saw one of those shelby cobras at the local show last friday (go about every other friday) , been going there for about 2-3 years now and first time seen it
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Brock Samson

cudaken

427 AC Corba! When I was 11 or so my Dad had a friend that raced one. As luck where so happen to have it I got to taken for a ride around the old IRP road corse in it. All I remember is being slamed to the back of the seat, then to the left, right, forward and back again!

I am a hard core Mopar lover, and I have driven Hemi car's and a real Daytona. But, if I could have any car, make mine a real AC Corba. Heck, I trade my Blowen 69 Charger R/T for a done Kite Cobra.

Next would be the only car I ever sold that I wish I still had. 1968 GT Cobra Mustang! Not Mach 1, not a GT but a Corba GT Mustang. Back in early 68 Shelby told Ford to F  k off and Ford did not want to lose aginst the Vet in SCCA Road Racing so they made 500 of them. I had 1 of the first 50 made and had a 427 Mediun Riser. Man that thing was as nasty.

When I got out of the Army and was heading home, I had the Cobra and my 68 Road Runner. Had to sell one so it was the Corba that went. In 1978 I got $3,500.00 for the Cobra and still have the 68 Road Runner. Man you talk about hind sight. Keept in contact with Dennis, the guy that bought it. Around 1991 Dennis had been offred $51,000.00 for it? ???It still had the 427 I rebulit in it and only 53,000 on the body and no rust!

Mustanghater, you need to get over it, they where cool car's! ;D Or is that why you hate them so much? :angel: 

Cuda Ken   
I am back

TeeWJay426

Quote from: mustanghater on August 31, 2005, 05:51:09 PM
why so many mustangs  ??? :puke:

Why is it that on your list you pick a '69-70 Shelby as your favorite Ford? Last I checked, that was based on a Mustang..... ::)
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

ChargerSG

My Harley.... :P
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

az69rtcharger

Here is my other favorite, my 2005 Harley Davidson Dyna Wideglide.
My other cars www.michaelstrong.com/dakotasport.htm

az69rtcharger

I would also say that this is one of my other favorites, I used to own on in 1980. This is one car that I would consider getting again, it had so much torque and was fast as hell

dpm68

Okay, '55 chebbys are nice, wish i hadn't sold mine. it was a 210 post with a built 327. but i also wouldn't pass up a '67 427 tri-power vette hardtop. -dpm

MoparYoungGun

There's quite a few but I would have to say a '55 or '57 Chevy with a GM ZZ572 crate motor. Or a '67-'70 Chevelle. Although it is a Mopar, one car I would LOVE to have someday is a two door '64 Dodge.

Stormhammer

Quote from: az69rtcharger on September 01, 2005, 02:28:23 PM
I would also say that this is one of my other favorites, I used to own on in 1980. This is one car that I would consider getting again, it had so much torque and was fast as hell

you SOLD a GSX???

do you know how hard those are to come by these days?

mustanghater

Quote from: cudaken on September 01, 2005, 05:18:15 AM
427 AC Corba! When I was 11 or so my Dad had a friend that raced one. As luck where so happen to have it I got to taken for a ride around the old IRP road corse in it. All I remember is being slamed to the back of the seat, then to the left, right, forward and back again!

I am a hard core Mopar lover, and I have driven Hemi car's and a real Daytona. But, if I could have any car, make mine a real AC Corba. Heck, I trade my Blowen 69 Charger R/T for a done Kite Cobra.

Next would be the only car I ever sold that I wish I still had. 1968 GT Cobra Mustang! Not Mach 1, not a GT but a Corba GT Mustang. Back in early 68 Shelby told Ford to F   k off and Ford did not want to lose aginst the Vet in SCCA Road Racing so they made 500 of them. I had 1 of the first 50 made and had a 427 Mediun Riser. Man that thing was as nasty.

When I got out of the Army and was heading home, I had the Cobra and my 68 Road Runner. Had to sell one so it was the Corba that went. In 1978 I got $3,500.00 for the Cobra and still have the 68 Road Runner. Man you talk about hind sight. Keept in contact with Dennis, the guy that bought it. Around 1991 Dennis had been offred $51,000.00 for it? ???It still had the 427 I rebulit in it and only 53,000 on the body and no rust!

Mustanghater, you need to get over it, they where cool car's! ;D Or is that why you hate them so much? :angel:  

Cuda Ken     

I like some mustangs, but its the stupid ones that try to race everything they see.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

derailed

Quote from: Stormhammer on September 01, 2005, 05:07:33 PM

you SOLD a GSX???

Even worse than that, i junked one a along time ago when i was in high school. I pulled the motor, tranny and hood. The rest of the car was a case. If only i knew today.

az69rtcharger

Quote from: drailed on September 01, 2005, 06:02:06 PM
Quote from: Stormhammer on September 01, 2005, 05:07:33 PM

you SOLD a GSX???

Even worse than that, i junked one a along time ago when i was in high school. I pulled the motor, tranny and hood. The rest of the car was a case. If only i knew today.

Well I had 3 Chargers and at that time I still could find GSX's for a good price and I needed the money to restore one of my R/Ts

Brock Samson

I like some mustangs, but its the stupid ones that try to race everything they see.

So,..  you DO like them then!!! I guess i was confused,...

az69rtcharger

Quote from: Stratocharger on September 01, 2005, 08:20:24 PM

So,..   you DO like them then!!! I guess i was confused,...

I have always and still love Charger's that is one reason I will never sell my R/T. To quote Charlton Heston "you'll have to pry mine from my cold, dead hands."