News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

floor pans good or bad site

Started by gunner, January 03, 2006, 08:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunner

http://www.laysons.com/ is this site relyable it would be nice if any of you know any outhers

Highbanked Hauler

Laysons has been OK in my dealings with them.If you are on the east coast Auto Body Specialties in Ct  has been reasonable when I have dealt with them.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

JimShine

Highbanked Hauler

Hey Jim Shine,where are these guys located?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

JimShine

They were out of Maryland. The pans drop shipped right from Classic. Most of these guys don't actually stock sheetmetal, it is drop shipped from the manufacturer. I actually have classic invoices with four or five different business names on the 'sold to' section.

gunner

thanks for all the input i think i might just half to go with laysons i am from seattle by the way
Thanks Ben

Charger_Fan

Quote from: JimShine on January 03, 2006, 09:00:31 PM
I have bought 3 sets from these guys. Shipper super fast and great pans

I'm glad to hear good feedback about these guys. I'm usually a little leery of companies like that on eGouge...especially when they have bad pics. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

JimShine

lol..I hear ya. I don't know if its useful to anyone, but here are some eBay and non- eBay companies I dealt with and what I dioscovered about shipping. Important I guess as it allows you to choose the best middleman as it is likely the same people are going to pack and ship it to you. It would be cool to collect a database of people who drop ship:

1A Auto- Drop shipped from Classic reproductions
usachevelleguy-Drop shipped from Goodmark (rear valance)
Mustangs Unlimited- sent me a gas tank from their own warehouse
adealsap-Drop shipped from Classic repro (pans) and Goodmark (quarters)
The Paddock- Drop shipped Classic, Goodmark, and TTI
Year One- So far all has been shipped from their own warehouse

miamivice

Quote from: gunner on January 04, 2006, 04:28:51 PM
thanks for all the input i think i might just half to go with laysons i am from seattle by the way
Thanks Ben

Ben if you are from Seattle just drive down there yourself and pick them up.   Just be sure to call first to make sure they have it in stock :o

mopar_madman

I ordered a 1/4 from laysons, they were very unorganized and unprofessional, if they don't stock it it comes drop shipped from ohio if I remember correctly.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

8WHEELER

I live 1hr from Laysons, I called them about the lower rear quarter patch panel and they said
yes they had the left side in stock. I was in a hurry so I took off down there very small show
room they are really not setup for people to pick up parts but you can do it. Anyway got
there paid for the panel got home took it out of the back and went shit, this does not look
right, took the Laysons label off that said 68 to 70 B-Body, looked at the original label that
was put on buy the maker of the panel ''but did not have a name'' that label said 68-70
Plymouth. Boy was I pissed they had it labeled wrong, And Dave himself got it from the back
for me. I should have check the panel better but I needed to get it to the body shop that same
day 2hrs the other direction from me, I learned another leason.

I don't know why YO and the Paddock don't carry that panel yet. Laysons was the only place.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

gunner

yeah i cant find floor pans any where but there so i guess i gotta try them if the deal goes sour ill let u guys know but if u know any places that carry 72 swinger floor pans i would really like to no. Thanks  
Ben :2thumbs:

gunner

found my floor boards 385.00 at laysons hopefully i can pick them up Saturday Thanks for all the info
Sincerely,
              Ben Gunn