News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good all around shocks

Started by twodko, March 08, 2011, 06:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

What are you using for good all around use shocks? We don't race our car but we do drive the hell out of it to shows, cruises etc. Any suggestions will help narrow the choices. Thanks.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

WHITE AND RED 69

I run the edelbrock performer IAS on mine and they feel real nice. Firm but not too bad. and they are not too expensive-320 bucks on summit for the set. I hear good thing about Bilsteins as well but never tried them.-400 bucks
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

1970Moparmann

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on March 08, 2011, 09:34:57 PM
I run the edelbrock performer IAS on mine and they feel real nice. Firm but not too bad. and they are not too expensive-320 bucks on summit for the set. I hear good thing about Bilsteins as well but never tried them-400 bucks.

Same here!  Great shocks....
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

dangina

C500

Quote from: dangina on March 09, 2011, 02:41:52 AM
+1 for bilsteins rcd

I have the Edelbrocks too, not fitted yet but I bought em because of all the awesome reviews
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

twodko

Thanks everyone for your replies. There are so many choices out there it tends to get confusing...at least for me.  :shruggy:

68 RT

I bought mine from JC Whitney, they are just nitrogen charged shocks and were also painted black like stock. They do just fine by me and feel alot better than more expensive shocks. They were like 19 bucks a piece. But that was 7 years ago.  :Twocents:

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 68 RT on March 09, 2011, 12:52:41 PM
I bought mine from JC Whitney, they are just nitrogen charged shocks and were also painted black like stock. They do just fine by me and feel alot better than more expensive shocks. They were like 19 bucks a piece. But that was 7 years ago.  :Twocents:

:scratchchin:

do you think better than GR2s KYB ? ( its the only "performance" shock I can get to lates models )

are they available to lates models ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

flyinlow

KYB Gas adjusts on my 73. Good overall . A little harsh on pot holes.

Nacho: welded a plate with a 2" hole in it on the bottom of my LCA. I use Monty Carlo ( dog bone lower mount) front shocks now. More shock choices now.

A383Wing

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: flyinlow on March 17, 2011, 10:00:03 PM
KYB Gas adjusts on my 73. Good overall . A little harsh on pot holes.

Nacho: welded a plate with a 2" hole in it on the bottom of my LCA. I use Monty Carlo ( dog bone lower mount) front shocks now. More shock choices now.

yes I remember your thread about :thumbs: BEING A GREAT IDEA, but maybe was wondering about stock location ;D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

kokxville

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on March 08, 2011, 09:34:57 PM
I run the edelbrock performer IAS on mine and they feel real nice. Firm but not too bad. and they are not too expensive-320 bucks on summit for the set. I hear good thing about Bilsteins as well but never tried them.-400 bucks
:iagree: They are the best schocks available in my opinion. :2thumbs:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

twodko

$400 for shocks is a bit over my budget in this economy.........I went with KYB's.