News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HEY STRAT!!!!!! Its twisted Italian Sheetmetal!!!

Started by Lowprofile, January 04, 2006, 01:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthu®

Quote from: Ponch on January 05, 2006, 01:52:46 AM
i dont see RR tracks or any poles.

If you look at the first pick, the road is curved. My guess would be that the driver must have been flooring it, lost control coming off the turn, got airborne NASCAR style, and flipped over several times.

You probably don't see the thing that caused the mess because it isn't even in the picture. It is probably about half a kilometer away from the debris. If you are going that fast you will splatter in a million pieces on impact and fly through the air for hunderds of meters. I drove that fast on a couple of occasions and really going that fast makes all the lampposts near a road look like a fence. Mind you that I didn't do it on a 2 lane road but on a 4 lane highway. Major difference. I can't imagine going that fast on a road like that. Must have a major tunnel effect vision. Everything would be a blurr except for the small spot right ahead.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Brock Samson

My limited experiance driving really fast (10/10ths) on a road course in a open wheeled formula ford at sears point is that you are aiming for a patch of road about 2 1/2 seconds ahead of your ass,..  err,. excuse me,. your behind,.. which is about three inches from the road,.. top speed in that F.F. was about 120 MPH. as they were training cars in the russell racing fleet and not a real race car,  seemed alot faster then that though,..
If you added speed you'd have to aim further down the road,..
it's about as close to an out out of body experiance as you can have short of dying and returning to this mortal coil.
It took me three days to work up to driving at 10/10ths. and i only did that for three laps where I actually became "one with the machine", these terms take on a whole new meaning when you actually do what you've only previously read or heard about.
BTW: the road course experiance was a totally different animal then the dozen or so quarter mile passes i've done and not to be missed.  :yesnod:
The ferrari Enzo was designed from start to have active areo not add ons and once it gets airborne your toast.
End of story.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Nupe on January 05, 2006, 06:05:33 PM
I'm with Ponch... sucks to have to check out, but in an Enzo?   Had to be fun and probably happened so fast that the guy never even had a clue. speed.     :icon_smile_dead:

he lived the dream...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

chrisII

i was clocked in my 74 at 150 still accelerating on a 2 lane hiway. it was a brand new very straight road and to this day i cant believe i lived.the car did not have speed rated tires,in fact it had 205 70 14s ! yikes! it had no wing or spoiler to add down force and it got verry light at that speed. i was young and stupid and luckly only tryed top end once. I lived 12 miles from work and had 3 stop signs on the way (may have rolled 2 of them dont remember). i left for work at 5 to and walked in at 2 after. the cop who clocked me chose not to chase me for his own saftey.he did follow thinking he was going to be cleaning up a big ass wreck. unluckly for me he knew my sister an i got an a$$ chewin lol. i wouldnt mind going that fast again but only in a car prepaired for it. im older and smarter.

Silver R/T

what a shame, some stupid idiot couldnt handle beast and destroyed it. I would've taken much better care of one of those. And dont be hating simply cause you cant afford one and live in house thats worth as much or less as one of those fine machines
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Arthu®

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 06, 2006, 10:56:57 PM
what a shame, some stupid idiot couldnt handle beast and destroyed it. I would've taken much better care of one of those. And dont be hating simply cause you cant afford one and live in house thats worth as much or less as one of those fine machines

Huh what? I don't see no hating going on in here? Also really what does it matter it was destroyed? This guy had fun with it and sure he payed his price (which I think is far more worse than the car) because afterall it is still just a car. A very cool one indeed but nothing that is not going to be a replica on a fiero frame in a couple of years.

Arthur

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 06, 2006, 10:56:57 PM
Sliver, I haven't noticed anyone in this thread hating an Enzo. :slap:
Besides if you owned one, you'd go find out how fast you could go too somewhere (yes you would) & probably lose it trying to dodge a potgut walking in the road. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Arthu®