News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HEY STRAT!!!!!! Its twisted Italian Sheetmetal!!!

Started by Lowprofile, January 04, 2006, 01:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

I thought you might enjoy [sic] seeing these fine foreign autos at their worst. :icon_smile_dissapprove:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Lowprofile

A few more :'( :'( :'(

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Blown70

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on January 04, 2006, 01:35:06 PM
:D I persoanlly do not like any of those cars ;)

I would love to CHECK ride a few of those.... ;D

Johnny SixPack

In that second to last pic in your first post, it looked like the Vette won. :D

Man, I guess if you're rich enough to afford those types car you must have to scrimp on the driving lessons.   :rotz:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Afflyer

I wonder just how much money is knarled up in each of those pics.

???
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Brock Samson

well the one pic looks like crash tested ferraris,..
some of the others look like the results of street racing...
thanks for the thread (I think)  :P

Jon Smith

Charger_Fan

I don't think that last guy made it.

I'm glad those aren't Charger pics! :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

Just from the location of the seat on that last one I'm thinking that was a F40....expensive car! I don't think he made it either :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Jon Smith

Ponch ®

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on January 04, 2006, 01:35:06 PM
:D I persoanlly do not like any of those cars ;)

If those it was women instead of cars we were talking about, I would call you a homo.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ponch ®

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 04, 2006, 03:19:46 PM

you do realize, however, that the lugnuts (and it only has 4 - one per wheel) on that Enzo are probably worth more than most Chargers?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Lowprofile

A few more Euro Crunches :icon_smile_dead: :icon_smile_dead: :icon_smile_dead: :rotz:

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ponch on January 04, 2006, 06:16:37 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 04, 2006, 03:19:46 PM

you do realize, however, that the lugnuts (and it only has 4 - one per wheel) on that Enzo are probably worth more than most Chargers?
I don't think they're worth more...but I bet they cost more. ;D

Brock Samson

:o

the level of damage makes me wonder what the hell could'a caused such a disintigration of a car made almost compleaty of carbon fiber, looking at that narrow two lane road,.. I figgure it must been traveling at it's top speed of Approx. 200 MPH when it went into a train,.. or something..  ???

Chryco Psycho

to me it looks more like it hit a pole or wire & cut the enzo in 1/2

Ponch ®

i dont see RR tracks or any poles.

If you look at the first pick, the road is curved. My guess would be that the driver must have been flooring it, lost control coming off the turn, got airborne NASCAR style, and flipped over several times.

Ponch ®

not to sound morbid..but that's one awesome way to go.....

Quote"Sunday morning near Milan a 41 years old man died because he lost control of his car."

accident happened at 256km/h ~157mph, as per the enzo's computer that records all speeds much like an airplane's "black box" flight data recorder

there is speculation as to how it actually happened, but some believe that the rear end steped off the pavement and entered a spin, with some tree/telephone pole hitting in there. others suggest something similar, but ground effects were lost quickly after leaving the road, which would mean no downforce at 155mph (as the enzo has no "traditional" downforce devices i.e. wings/spoilers, so once the car is sufficently off the ground there is no downforece created at all) the car would then spin and roll out of control, with periods of flight until friction with the ground brought the car to a stop. however it is unknow if the driver lost control, or the vehicle failed at this time. it looks like to me that the car slid into a tree/pole sideways and hit into the door (note the driver rear quarter panel looks very good considering) theis caused the monocoque to break, because all force was applied directly to the monocoque itself.

the monocoque should have held up, but this is aparently a reoccuring problem in ferraris (at least the newer ones 355, 360, enzo)

the lack of skidmarks lends to the theory that the car was airborne for some while before stopping

despite some debate this IS an enzo, leaving only 398 left in the world"

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=17846

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ponch on January 05, 2006, 02:01:35 AM
:iagree: That beats the hell out of a "slipped in the shower" type of death. :icon_smile_big:

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 05, 2006, 02:45:37 PM
Quote from: Ponch on January 05, 2006, 02:01:35 AM
:iagree: That beats the hell out of a "slipped in the shower" type of death. :icon_smile_big:

:iagree:

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Nupe

I'm with Ponch... sucks to have to check out, but in an Enzo?   Had to be fun and probably happened so fast that the guy never even had a clue.   Kinda cool the on board computer recorded the speed.     :icon_smile_dead:

The writing in that article of no downforce aids like spoilers sounds a little scary.   Especially on a car that Ferarri knows is going to haul butt on the streets sooner or later. :icon_smile_blackeye:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

greenpigs

QuoteEspecially on a car that Ferarri knows is going to haul butt on the streets sooner or later.

Plus they lost a customer.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Blown70

Quote from: Nupe on January 05, 2006, 06:05:33 PM
I'm with Ponch... sucks to have to check out, but in an Enzo?   Had to be fun and probably happened so fast that the guy never even had a clue.   Kinda cool the on board computer recorded the speed.     :icon_smile_dead:

The writing in that article of no downforce aids like spoilers sounds a little scary.   Especially on a car that Ferarri knows is going to haul butt on the streets sooner or later. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Nupe I am sure you know the underside of the car is designed to give it the down force.... soulds like that broke away.

Tom