News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Talladegas @ The Ford Fan Fest Bristol Tn

Started by jonw29, March 20, 2011, 08:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonw29

I was afforded the oppritunity to take my Blue Talladega to the Ford Fan Fest at Bristol on Friday.Jason Thompson also brought his red and white Talladega prototypes.These 2 cars were formerly owned by Banjo Matthews.Jason and his dad Clarence did an amazing job restoring the red car.Some before and after pics were in the DSAC newsletter several months ago.

jonw29

Jason's white prototype

jonw29

Jason's red prototype

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

A383Wing

OK...stoopid question here...

what's the "prototype" difference??

Aero426

Thanks for posting the pics Jon.  

There's quite a bit of trim difference between the red and white Banjo cars and the production cars.   These were hand modified cars and they were built to pitch the idea to Ford management.   One of the main differences pertaining to the red car is that the special re-rolled rocker panels are riveted to the car and the bright moulding covers it.     The red car was used in many press photos as well.  You'll also see that it has buckets and a ram air setup.  Also the GT hubcaps.   These cars are the only ones that got a C-stripe to my knowledge.

A383Wing

I see no front side marker light on the white one....

hemi68charger

Very cool....   :cheers:  Hope you had fun..................
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

jonw29

Doug is right.These 2 prototypes were GTs that were pulled from the line.The production cars were more like a Cobra Torino.

Topher

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

jonw29

pettybird

they should all have the stripes on the sides...

Topher

Tom has 7 Cale Yarborough Cyclones and 1 Maroon Talladega. Very cool cars.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

jonw29

I DO like the looks of the side stripes.

jonw29

Topher it seems like I should know him.Especially with that many cars.But I am terrible with names.