News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hughes roller lifters?

Started by 10secBEE, March 22, 2011, 11:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

10secBEE

Has anyone tried the Hughes hydraulic roller lifters yet? Just wondering on the quality. They are about $175 cheaper than comp cams or the scorpions. http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/products.php?browse=category&level0=QmlnIEJsb2NrICA0MTMtNDI2LTQ0MCAoUmFpc2VkIERlY2sp&level1=TGlmdGVycw==&partid=26197   Thanks

aifilaw

I did, they were recalled 4 months after I bought them (thankfully before I finished assembly)
They fit very tightly in the bore on most. The comp cams hydraulic rollers I installed fit like a dream, so its no wonder they were recalled. I'm not sure if they have fixed their problem or not, but that's my only experience.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

Kern Dog

After a few cam failures I was considering the switch to a roller setup. I just cant stomach the $1000 buy in though.

10secBEE

Yep thats why I decided to go roller. I didn't want to have to tear the motor back apart if the cam went south. Plus the added power doesn't hurt either.  I guess I'll go with the Scorpion lifters since I've only heard good things about their hydraulic rollers. Thanks

Challenger340

Just curious,
How many Guys here have been running the Hydraulic Roller Cams in there BB Mopars, for how long(miles), how big is the Cam ? and how do you like it ?
Anyone experiencing issues ?
Bob.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

aifilaw

I've got the comp cams in mine, 1 year and 4,000 miles on the motor so far and making just over 400 at the rear wheels. Doing fine
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

Purple68

Quote from: Challenger340 on March 27, 2011, 10:51:37 AM
Just curious,
How many Guys here have been running the Hydraulic Roller Cams in there BB Mopars, for how long(miles), how big is the Cam ? and how do you like it ?
Anyone experiencing issues ?
Bob.

I've also got one season in on mine. It's a Comp XR286, so far no problems and the engine is quieter than the Xtreme energy hydraulic flat tappet that it replaced. (which btw lost a lobe shortly after break-in)

10secBEE

Purple68, Thats the cam I plan on running. How do you like it ? Good Power? Also what cam button and timing chain cover did you use. Thanks