News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 General Lee?

Started by bluegrasscharger, April 02, 2011, 07:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

I wish I had painted the bumper on my 70 GL.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Brock Samson

This is the same thing that happened when this '70 lee first came up on the site... I thinks it's very cool, the bumber looks great painted like that to  'n i'll be putting my punktuation over here   .

bluegrasscharger

I love message boards. ::)  They are all the same.  I'll never understand why people can't stick to the topic the original poster intended.  I never asked anyone whether they liked the car, the painted bumper, or the General Lee.  I never asked for anyone's  :Twocents:  All I wanted to know was who owned the car and was hoping he was on this site.  But the very first reply I get is someone's opinion that's totally unrelated to my original question and insulting to me and the owner of the car.  Then the debates start.  Geezzz.  It's very simple etiquette guys, if you don't have something nice to say or something to add that pertains to the original topic then just go on to another topic.  Don't insult what other folks like.  It's just plain common courtesy. 

stripedelete

Quote from: bluegrasscharger on April 03, 2011, 12:24:50 PM
I love message boards. ::)  They are all the same.  I'll never understand why people can't stick to the topic the original poster intended.  I never asked anyone whether they liked the car, the painted bumper, or the General Lee.  I never asked for anyone's  :Twocents:  All I wanted to know was who owned the car and was hoping he was on this site.  But the very first reply I get is someone's opinion that's totally unrelated to my original question and insulting to me and the owner of the car.  Then the debates start.  Geezzz.  It's very simple etiquette guys, if you don't have something nice to say or something to add that pertains to the original topic then just go on to another topic.  Don't insult what other folks like.  It's just plain common courtesy.  

Not sure its' necessarily a message board phenomenon.   Wonder what would happen if 20 charger-car-guys were standing around that car and you walk up and asked that question.

Ghoste

Exactly.  It's a discussion forum and just like a conversation taking place live, it's gonna wander all over the place.

bluegrasscharger

Quote from: stripedelete on April 03, 2011, 12:32:54 PM
Not sure its' necessariliy a meessage board phenominum.   Wonder what would happen if 20 charger-car-guys were standing around that car and you walk up and asked that question.

Not so sure about that.  I doubt they would insult the guy's car if they are standing right in front of him or tell someone that likes the car that it looks like an abortion.  They might think it but not say it.  Or at least I would hope they would have have enough manners not to.  Message boards are impersonal and people can be rude without repercussions.  Even though we are typing on computers we can still be courteous to each other.

bluegrasscharger

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 03, 2011, 11:19:26 AM
This is the same thing that happened when this '70 lee first came up on the site... I thinks it's very cool, the bumber looks great painted like that to  'n i'll be putting my punktuation over here   .

So it's been posted on here before?  Is the owner on here or did the haters run him off?  I would really like to get some more pictures of it.

By the way...I love that burger commercial! 

jaak

Quote from: jaak on April 03, 2011, 12:55:37 AM
There was a member here with a '70 GL w/painted bumper....may be the same car.

Jason

Found the member.... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1339

Thread with pics..... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22048.25.html

It is the same car....

Jason

Cooter

So a 1970 Cuda with a painted bumper looks "good".....But, a 1970 Charger with a painted bumper looks ..."Bad?"...Hmmm.....I'm so confused now...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bluegrasscharger

Quote from: jaak on April 03, 2011, 01:12:14 PM
Quote from: jaak on April 03, 2011, 12:55:37 AM
There was a member here with a '70 GL w/painted bumper....may be the same car.

Jason

Found the member.... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1339

Thread with pics..... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22048.25.html

It is the same car....

Jason

WOW!  Thanks a bunch!!

DAY CLONA

QuoteAll I wanted to know was who owned the car and was hoping he was on this site.  But the very first reply I get is someone's opinion that's totally unrelated to my original question and insulting to me and the owner of the car.  Then the debates start.  Geezzz.   

The car in question belongs to Al L., in Rhode Island, the painted bumper was a result of the recromed bumper Al recieved,  was distorted, so rather than go thru another core and rechrome he decided to strip and paint a worn, but straight original, which worked out rather well for him, Al also performed all the body and paint himself (first timer!) on his 70 GL, which turned ou very nicely, the only thing some of us cringed about was he took a numbers 70 Charger R/T to clone his GL with.

But it is nicely done car, and Al is a big fan of the whole GL/Dukes thang!

Mike

Darkman

Quote from: chargermike on April 03, 2011, 06:35:41 AM
the big chrome bumper is what makes the 70 look so cool. love the 70 the best. hate the general lee. worst and uglyest chargers ever built. and for a 70. no way. but to each there own. and never understood the push guard. its a car not a 4x4. would rather see a dirty mary crazy larry 70 charger. but i agree everybody has there own flavor of what is cool.

Not sure if you are aware that General Lee Chargers are actual Dodge Chargers painted Chevy Flame Red and a number on the side :nana:  :icon_smile_big:

Seeing this car from different angles makes me like it more and more. I'm not a fan of the 70. The front bumper looks like a last minute addition that someone forgot as it was leaving the production line(this is only MY OPINION) but painting it makes it blend in.

This GL is very well done and a  :2thumbs: to the owner for doing it

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

tan top

Quote from: bluegrasscharger on April 02, 2011, 07:42:42 PM
Anyone know who owns this 1970 General Lee?  I really like the way they painted the front bumper.  This is a great looking General.

the painted looped bumper  looks good  :yesnod:   thats a nice job on a GL from  the pictures also :yesnod: :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Cooter

Quote from: bluegrasscharger on April 03, 2011, 12:59:59 PM
Not sure its' necessariliy a meessage board phenominum.   Wonder what would happen if 20 charger-car-guys were standing around that car and you walk up and asked that question.

Not so sure about that.  I doubt they would insult the guy's car if they are standing right in front of him or tell someone that likes the car that it looks like an abortion.  They might think it but not say it.  Or at least I would hope they would have have enough manners not to.  Message boards are impersonal and people can be rude without repercussions.  Even though we are typing on computers we can still be courteous to each other.

Totally agree with you. However, I have witnessed personally, a couple guys at the local car shows doing this very thing...Yes, they were told to "Get lost" (Not the actual words used. Although, there was mention of one of them's manhood and how his mother should have used better birth control)...
If you have done any type of searches on ANYTHING dealing with the DOH OR THE GL, you would have known this thread would have the haters in it..
Now, you want respectful people that don't hate on the GL? CGLFC.com....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

stripedelete

Quote from: bluegrasscharger on April 03, 2011, 12:59:59 PM
Not sure its' necessariliy a meessage board phenominum.   Wonder what would happen if 20 charger-car-guys were standing around that car and you walk up and asked that question.

Not so sure about that.  I doubt they would insult the guy's car if they are standing right in front of him or tell someone that likes the car that it looks like an abortion.  They might think it but not say it.  Or at least I would hope they would have have enough manners not to.  Message boards are impersonal and people can be rude without repercussions.  Even though we are typing on computers we can still be courteous to each other.

Wait a minute.  Re-read my comment.  It was apples-to-apples. I didn't say anything about owner being present. ;)

A383Wing

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on April 03, 2011, 02:43:23 AM
Why would you do that to a '70?  Why??!!??
at least he's saved a nice '70 and seems to take good care of it.  :angel:

TUFCAT

Warner Bros made a mistake - - I like this better than the '69 General Lee!

bluegrasscharger

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 03, 2011, 08:47:56 PM
Warner Bros made a mistake - - I this better than the '69 General Lee!

I am starting to think so too!  They are both bad ass looking cars though!

A383Wing

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 03, 2011, 08:47:56 PM
Warner Bros made a mistake - - I this better than the '69 General Lee!

yea, what kitty said

BIGBLCK11

I think that is a cool GL.  I am a fan of the loop bumper(the reason I have a 70).  It does look good painted on the GL, probably not so much on others.  It looks out of place chrome on the GL, seen in a pic in one of the threads listed.  I am so glad WB didn't choose a 70.  That means, 300+ more cars possibly available!   :2thumbs:

Vainglory, Esq.

I love message boards. ::)  They are all the same.  I'll never understand why people can't stick to the topic the original poster intended.  I never asked anyone whether they liked the car, the painted bumper, or the General Lee.  I never asked for anyone's  :Twocents:  All I wanted to know was who owned the car and was hoping he was on this site.  But the very first reply I get is someone's opinion that's totally unrelated to my original question and insulting to me and the owner of the car.  Then the debates start.  Geezzz.  It's very simple etiquette guys, if you don't have something nice to say or something to add that pertains to the original topic then just go on to another topic.  Don't insult what other folks like.  It's just plain common courtesy. 

Just remember who the very first person to give their opinion was.  That's right.  You.  In the first post.  Go read it again before you tell people not to go off topic.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on April 03, 2011, 10:55:59 PM
I love message boards. ::)  They are all the same.  I'll never understand why people can't stick to the topic the original poster intended.  I never asked anyone whether they liked the car, the painted bumper, or the General Lee.  I never asked for anyone's  :Twocents:  All I wanted to know was who owned the car and was hoping he was on this site.  But the very first reply I get is someone's opinion that's totally unrelated to my original question and insulting to me and the owner of the car.  Then the debates start.  Geezzz.  It's very simple etiquette guys, if you don't have something nice to say or something to add that pertains to the original topic then just go on to another topic.  Don't insult what other folks like.  It's just plain common courtesy.  

Just remember who the very first person to give their opinion was.  That's right.  You.  In the first post.  Go read it again before you tell people not to go off topic.

He only said he like the front bumper, he HE only ask if any of us here knew WHO the owner was. I think if you should start troughing stones, it should be at poster/replyer #2. That person was teh firs tone to take the thread off topic at which the thread was originally about.  :-\

Vainglory, Esq.

I'm not going to read anything you post until you stop typing like a retarded squirrel.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on April 03, 2011, 11:26:24 PM
I'm not going to read anything you post until you stop typing like a retarded squirrel.

Then stop reading what I post! your not hurting me at all. If you want to chose to not read what I type or in this case my replies then by all means don't read them! I didn't force you to read them in the first place, you yourself chose to read them. ::)