News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Weird squeaking noise and now driving problems

Started by Drache, April 13, 2011, 07:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

I noticed after taking my Dart out for a drive that I now have a weird squeaking noise that is coming from closer to the back of the engine near the firewall. The sound only happens after I've put the car in gear and drove around. It doesn't go away until Ive stopped the car and turned the engine off (even if I put the car in park and let the engine idle). Then if I start the car is isn't there until I once again put the car into gear. It sort of sounds like a loose belt but it isn't coming from any of the belts at the front of the engine.

On top of that my car is now stuttering when slowly starting to drive from a dead stop. Kind of a jerking motion. It goes away once I hit about 10mph.

If the car is in park and I slowly push the gas pedal the engine sounds fine.

Also I'll randomly have a rough idle when Ive stopped at a light.

Finally I have a very nasty exhaust/gas smell that you can smell when you are outside of the car of if someone is behind you in another vehicle and I step on the gas.

My exhaust has no leaks, I had that tested already. The exhaust smell was there from the beginning but the running problems is new.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

greenpigs

Have you checked all the mounts?

As for the rough\rich idle have you checked float level?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

charger Downunder

Check and see if you have a small vacuum line leek in a hose.
[/quote]