News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

woodgrain dash set alternative

Started by sparkybr74mr, April 17, 2011, 09:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkybr74mr

I purchased a woodgrain sticker kit from year one over a year ago, this weekend I removed all the pieces from my dash set and began wet sanding the inserts to smooth them out for the new decals, When I went to apply the first sticker it was considerably short 3/4 inch as are a couple of other stcikers. I made the mistake of sanding down my set before looking closely at the sticker set, I am not so sure to even use it as it will probably look like crap. Has anyone ever done something different to thier dash set. I finished the set off by polishing all the old woodgrain off and am looking at alternatives to the cheap ass sticker kit. Should have done my research prior, my bad.

BananaDan

BEA/PGC's woodgrain kits are great, but pricey.  You can also send your woodgrain panels to Performance Car Graphics and they will do it.  I have heard that the vinyl stick-on ones can shrink, maybe that's what happened to yours? 

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

ChargerST

You can use quality stickers that won't shrink (3M DI-NOC). Check this out: http://whitegauges.net/products/1968%252d1970-B-Body-Rally-Dash-Resurfacing-Kit.html

I bought my own sticker material and it turned out very nice. Material is very high quality automobile sticker material that is UV-resistant and doesn't shrink. Downside: it takes some time to make it fit as you need a hairdryer to get it into the gauge openings. You also need to do the lettering using transfer script. Upside: various color choices (went with a light woodgrain for a more modern look) and you're able to get the same woodgrain for your console.

Here's a pic (looks better in person - cell phone camera is not very good):