News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nothing beats free!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, April 30, 2011, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Behind a school on one of my elevator jobs sat this old pallet lift.  I asked in the office if I could have it?  They said yes and I grabbed it this morning.  I threw a tractor battery in it and now I have something that can lift 2,000lbs.  The kids love to put a pallet on it and go up and down.  ::)
Time to sharpen the lawnmower blades.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69 OUR/TEA

That was a terrible price,I would'nt have paid that much!!!!! :2thumbs:

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

nh_mopar_fan

Good to hear that you can get it up now.

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bakerhillpins

Just be careful that mower (or what ever else you lift) doesn't roll backwards.   :icon_smile_blackeye:

Find another one and you have your self a lift for the charger.   ;D
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Silver R/T

Nice score. Just have to make sure you watch some kind of forklift safety video before you operate it and keep kids away. There are some nasty accidents involving forklifts.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Old Moparz

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 30, 2011, 09:46:18 AM
Behind a school on one of my elevator jobs sat this old pallet lift.  I asked in the office if I could have it?  They yes and I grabbed it this morning.  I threw a tractor battery in it and now I have something that can lift 2,000lbs.  The kids love to put a pallet on it and go up and down.  ::)

Free is cool.  :cheers:

But no wonder the schools are all broke.  ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

1969chargerrtse

Yeah thanks, I'm pretty careful.  I made sure the mower was walking forward as the lift went up, another use is working on my Gyro.  Carb has to come off.  :eek2:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 30, 2011, 01:54:58 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 30, 2011, 09:46:18 AM
Behind a school on one of my elevator jobs sat this old pallet lift.  I asked in the office if I could have it? They said yes and I grabbed it this morning.  I threw a tractor battery in it and now I have something that can lift 2,000lbs. The kids love to put a pallet on it and go up and down.  ::)

Free is cool.  :cheers:

But no wonder the schools are all broke.  ::)
They upgraded to a model that has power forward and reverse.  I can't see how they lifted stuff off a truck outside and then pushed that heavy thing with the skid inside?

twodko

Man, I don't want to read a post about you getting hurt because that lift decided to be lazy. Please have a couple different lenght 4x4's handy to use as jack stands.Your family and the membership need you here and healthy. :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

1969chargerrtse

People I'm fine.  I know how to safely use equipment.  Thank you anyway, it's already stored neatly at the end of the garage and put away.

A383Wing

we got the same one or close to it at work....it ain't motorized for moving things...ours is "people powered" for getting around, rolls pretty easy.....just raises & lowers via the battery inside the rear cover