News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Glovebox pics needed

Started by BananaDan, May 01, 2011, 08:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Could someone post pictures of an assembled 70 glovebox so I have a reference when I put mine back together?  I'm specifically interested in the inside of the door showing how the inner and outer door attach to each other, and the hinge.  Also, the curved stop bracket, the ring that the latch catches on, etc...  Basically every shot to help with putting my door and all associated hardware back on and together.

Thanks,
Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

BIGBLCK11

Mine is off at the moment, but I can take a pic of the door and hinge tomorrow.  If someone else doesn't chime in with pics, I can put it back on to show how the curved bracket is connected.

69 glove box should be the same as 70 shouldn't it ?

BananaDan

Nope, it's different.  70's are bottom hinged and hard plastic, 68-69 are top hinged and soft covered.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

BIGBLCK11

Finally, some pics.  Remove arm from door to attach, by inserting through back of hole in dash, then screwing it onto door.  Let me know if you need a different pic.

BananaDan

Hmmm, cup holders were standard in 70 I see :lol:

BananaDan

If you can call them that!   ;)

BIGBLCK11

..and others have questioned why 70 IS THE BEST YEAR!     :icon_smile_big:

BananaDan

Would anyone mind posting a picture of both the hinge installed into the dash with the door opened, and a picture of the latch hook?

Thanks,
Dan

bull

70 seems like a lot. Can't you just get by with 3-4 pics?

BananaDan

Quote from: bull on May 09, 2011, 07:42:02 PM
70 seems like a lot. Can't you just get by with 3-4 pics?
There's always one in the crowd...   :lol:

BIGBLCK11

I will try to get another couple pics for you this week, when I get back over to work on the car.