News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow. Retro is definitely in the air. "08 Camaro concept for Detroit AS......>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, January 08, 2006, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/01/07/detroit-2006-chevrolet-camaro-concept-revealed/

Who else here wants to see that go up against this:

In a remake of, "Death Race 2000"? :D

I know this has been   :horse:, but it's sure a   :nutkick: that the Charger couldn't ride the wave of retro.

Oh well, I'll let Ghost love it enough for the rest of us.   :icon_smile_big:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

TheGhost

I want to see the gauge setup.  The drawings of the concepts, the gauges were beautiful, and I would like to see if they survived to the actual concept.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Headrope

Looks too much like the Challenger concept to me - or vice versa (Challenger looks too much like Camaro concept).
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Shakey

hemihead

It does look alot like the Challenger.Maybe the automakers figured out the babyboomers will have the most disposalable income and the want to try and relive their youth.With this Camaro coming out I guess we will see who is really the Mopar loyal.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

CFMopar

It's nice.. I like the challenger better though. I'd take either....
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Paul G

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

TheGhost

Quote from: hemihead on January 08, 2006, 06:05:30 PM
It does look alot like the Challenger

That may be due to the originals looking like the Camaro, as well?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

ChargerBill

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on January 08, 2006, 06:38:08 PM
I like this one a lot  :yesnod:

A guy here in town has one he painted to look like that. The thing sounds like a damn MONSTER. He has a supercharge kit on it, all these hi po parts, new exhaust, new heads, HUGE tires out back, etc...he said he has about $9K into it on top of the purchase price. Get this, 620 hp dynoed....he offered to take me for a ride, but I was on my way somehwere. Said next time I see him (works out at my gym) remind him to take me for a spin. Said he's had it up to 158mph so far and didn't even really try to go faster...lost his nerve.
Life is a highway...

hemihead

Quote from: Ghost on January 09, 2006, 12:41:58 AM

You think that the Challenger looked like a Camaro? The Challenger was bigger,longer,wider,heavier with a big body line down the side too.Do us a favor, sell your Mopar and buy one.
  Led Zeppelin

ChargerBill

I just don't buy this line of thinking. I mean, all 20's cars looked roughly the same, all 40's looked similar, all 50's looked similar, all fin cars looked roughly the same.... So, do you say they ALL copied GM? Ford was one of the first in the 20' and 30's to come out with new design, Studebaker was big back then AND very innovative, what about the trucks? How come they all had beds? Why did most cars have running boards early on? Wasn't the GTO the first "claimed" muscle car? If so, where do the Max Wedge cars fit in?...weren't they actaully hi performance and BEFORE the GTO?

It kills me when people make claims as though they somehow have personal insight or factual basis. PLEASE, state that it is YOUR OPINION from now on... if everyone simply added IMO or "I think", or something to that effect it would be easier to decipher who actually knows something and who is just guessing or thinking out loud, and then someone doesn't have to come behind and ask for clarification or wonder what this person actually knows...or doesn't know.
Life is a highway...

Shakey

Quote from: ChargerBill on January 09, 2006, 01:36:44 PM

It kills me when people make claims as though they somehow have personal insight or factual basis. PLEASE, state that it is YOUR OPINION from now on... if everyone simply added IMO or "I think", or something to that effect it would be easier to decipher who actually knows something and who is just guessing or thinking out loud, and then someone doesn't have to come behind and ask for clarification or wonder what this person actually knows...or doesn't know.

You've got to be kidding!

ChargerBill

Quote from: Shakey on January 09, 2006, 01:42:45 PM
Quote from: ChargerBill on January 09, 2006, 01:36:44 PM

You've got to be kidding!

NO, I think I'm not kidding...however IMO I'm guessing that you don't agree... :D

Besides, Ghost just regurgiating what Ghoste had already said in a different thread and presenting it as his own thought.
Life is a highway...

Charger_Fan

Quote from: hemihead on January 09, 2006, 05:34:57 AM

You think that the Challenger looked like a Camaro? The Challenger was bigger,longer,wider,heavier with a big body line down the side too.
:iagree:
If anything the 70 'Cuda looks similar to a 69 Cramaro from a few angles, but not a Challenger at all.

*EDIT*...IMO. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

694spdRT

I didn't think the Camaro looked like a '70 Challenger when it hit the bulldozers either.

I think the big push in the retro movement is the people wanting to drive a "classic" car without having to deal with all the typical old car problems. I like the idea myself actually and that Challenger is a very nice start. I hope it is not just another pipe dream. 
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Brock Samson

the Challys' target when designed was the mercury cougar of all things..  :yesnod:

Paul G

Quote from: 694spdRT on January 09, 2006, 02:24:08 PM
I think the big push in the retro movement is the people wanting to drive a "classic" car without having to deal with all the typical old car problems. I like the idea myself actually and that Challenger is a very nice start. I hope it is not just another pipe dream. 

I agree with this statement. This is what got me so ecited about the new, ughmm, I wont say it here. I just wanted to have my Classic Charger parked next to a brand new one, a daily driver. But that aint never going to happen. New Chally? Very likely it could happen.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

TK73

'60s Mustang/Cougar, Camaro/Firebird, '70s E-bodies... all Pony cars.  GM enterest the Pony game 2 1/5 years late and Mopar 5 1/5 years late.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

TheGhost

Quote from: hemihead on January 09, 2006, 05:34:57 AM

You think that the Challenger looked like a Camaro? The Challenger was bigger,longer,wider,heavier with a big body line down the side too.Do us a favor, sell your Mopar and buy one.

The 70 Challenger and 69 Camaro looked just as much alike as the new ones do.

As for this little statement....

Quote from: hemihead on January 08, 2006, 06:05:30 PMThe Challenger was bigger,longer,wider,heavier

The new Challenger is also bigger, longer, wider, and heavier, and we still have people saying that the new cars look alike.  Yet, I don't see you telling any of them that they should sell their Mopars...... ::)

Frankly, I'd never confuse either car with the other.  INCLUDING the new ones.  I was making a point, however, some people seem to have completely missed it.

Bill, show me where Ghoste said that the old Challenger and Camaro look alike?  I doubt it's in any thread I look at, since most of the ones I look at, I post in.  And half of those that I don't post in, I just skim looking for something interesting.

hemihead

Quote from: TK73 on January 10, 2006, 01:23:57 AM
'60s Mustang/Cougar, Camaro/Firebird, '70s E-bodies... all Pony cars.  GM enterest the Pony game 2 1/5 years late and Mopar 5 1/5 years late.
TK I believe the Barracuda beat the Rustang to start the Pony Wars.Just an observation.( Said Pleasantly)  :angel:
  Led Zeppelin

6pkrunner

The original Barracuda was never a serious target for the pony car wars against the Rustang. The E body concept kept getting redlighted by designers/beancounters/brass until it was much too late to be a real contender to make a difference in Chrysler sales.