News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cars in Barns INSANE find.

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, May 10, 2011, 10:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

I had a job interview in Vermont, and a friend of mine Art said that there was a local Mopar nut around that area.  So I searched him out and OH BOY look at what he has.

DO NOT TELL WHERE AND WHO THIS GUY IS.  HE DOES NOT WANT TO HAVE HIS LOCATION PUBLISHED.  JUST THE PICTURES TO SHOW WHAT HE HAS.  IF YOU KNOW, DON'T SAY.

The story will be posted over 3 days at the link below, but here are a few pictures.  I took over 500 pictures, they are all also below.

CARS IN BARNS BLOG

Vermont Cars in Barns Pictures!

Lennard

To bad most of them are rotting away...

68X426

Insane only if they are cheap. :popcrn:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

GPULLER

Quote from: 68X426 on May 10, 2011, 11:02:23 AM
Insane only if they are cheap. :popcrn:

Cars are never for sale at places like that.  Shame

66FBCharger

It is hard to imagine that many of those cars will ever be restored and back on the road. More than likely they will get crushed when the owner dies and the surviving relatives need to clean up to sell the property.
There are some cool cars, but how many can you restore in your lifetime? It would be better to sell some off before they are totally gone, with the hope someone can save them and enjoy them.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

1968_Charger

looks like he left all the good ones outside.  :-\

Patronus

:iagree:
too bad they're all just rotting away  :rotz:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

TruckDriver

Quote from: 1968_Charger on May 10, 2011, 12:39:51 PM
looks like he left all the good ones outside.  :-\
:iagree: :brickwall:

Thanks for sharing though :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Stormin

I've been to his place before. Nice enough guy. Tried to buy some stuff, he was a little high on pricing, but after all it is MOPAR stuff!

Patronus

Its good to see though, they're just making mine worth more  :icon_smile_big:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

six-tee-nine

Actually...... I dont get this, I sold a 72 S series Mercedes last year, a model of wich I'm very fond of. It was a nice V8 car with AC and power windows so not common also, but I could not store it inside any longer so I decided to sell it on because I could not bare the fact that the car would slowly fade away when stored outdoors.
What I regret most is that I did'nt search harder for a place to store it.

So I can understand that you are crazy about cars but why would anyone want to stack them in a forest and dont do sh*t with them?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

WB General Lee

Not to much high dollar stuff there and by the time you restore them you will have more in it than the car is worth. I have done that before :RantExplode: If they were Hemi cars it would be different. I like the Fury police car :cheers:

twodko

WOW!!!!! I have dibs on the hemi motor.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nvrbdn

im thinking that 65 coronet in the one barn looks like it might be pretty nice according to the one little corner that we get to see. then the 66/67 charger on the rack may be nice if the doors would just open a little bit more :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

stripedelete

The pic of the 1st gen hovering in the barn is actually a pretty cool shot.  :2thumbs:

Wonder if that can be converted to black and white?

JRGBoss

This is not an isolated case. There are more of these places than you can imagine. The collection may be different but the story is similar. There are folks that have a knack for collecting other people's junk. The good thing is that the nicer stuff he put inside. Most of it was probably already in bad shape when he got it. There is an old gentleman that has a collection of assorted cars up on his 50 acres up in the San Gorgonio mountains.

When I was in Georgia I was talking to a representative of Macon Iron and she told me that most of the scrap iron that they bought came from old farms that were being cleaned up because the owners had passed. So this may just be the fate of some of these once fine specimens of Detroit Iron.
1968 Dodge Charger RT - 2nd Owner

Mikesmoparperformance

Forsale? :drool5: :popcrn:  It is a shame that those cars a rotting a way to the elements!! :'(
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

JRGBoss

Quote from: six-tee-nine on May 10, 2011, 01:13:59 PM

So I can understand that you are crazy about cars but why would anyone want to stack them in a forest and dont do sh*t with them?

I believe it has something to do with an aggressive mutant squirrel gene. :smilielol:
1968 Dodge Charger RT - 2nd Owner

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1970Moparmann

That's incredible. :o  The sad reality of it will probably be the guy with pass away and all the cars will go to a scrap yard.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

bull

Brilliant! Put the Fury cop car inside and leave the Cudas, Chargers and GTXs outside. :rotz:

NHCharger

Wonder how long some have been sitting there? What a waste.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

jeryst

Quote from: JRGBoss on May 10, 2011, 03:12:45 PM
This is not an isolated case. There are more of these places than you can imagine. The collection may be different but the story is similar. There are folks that have a knack for collecting other people's junk.

Sad but true. I know of 3 places within 50 miles of me that are like this.
Gonna fix them all up someday. (sigh) :brickwall: