News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you think of this dash?

Started by jdiesel33, May 22, 2011, 11:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdiesel33

Getting closer to the part of the resto where the interior starts to be put back together. Wanted to get your opinion of how my dash looks. Is this better/worse/same as others that you have seen before resto? I assume it is salvageable. Doesnt look terrible to me. The only thing that troubles me is the big space between the pads above the glove compartment and the middle of the dash. How do you fix something like that? I assume the rest can be cleaned up and repainted?

Thanks
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

jdiesel33

More...
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

Ghoste

I've seen worse but I don't know how it was fixed.  The shrunken foam looks bad, is that something Just Dashes can fix I wonder?

Brock Lee

The AC duct pad is pretty much shot. You can heat them up a little and stretch them to fit, but it will never return to the original size.

Patronus

You could call PG and see if those vinyl pieces are avail. yet... :rotz:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

68blue

That looks much like mine did when I started. I patched the small holes in the vinyl with PVC pipe glue and repainted everything. The ABS dash plates I replaced with new ones from BEA after a few attempts to make the old metallizing look better.

RallyeMike

The AC dash in my 500 looks identical. I've been thinking that you might be able to skin the cover from the foam and make a new buck to lay the cover on. A ton of work, but I don't think you are never going to be able to straighten it out with heat.

I'm surprised as heck that nobody is reproducing this stuff !
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Just some info I learned when inquiring about getting my pads re-done is that you'll lose the detail of the "stitching" on the pads. I suppose if your pads are pretty bad it wont really matter as a straight pad is better then the stitching alone. Might be worthwhile taking it to a professional trimmer to see if they can be saved.

Not sure if anyone can rebuild the pads correctly with the stitching.....

Was there any sealant between your dash frame and cowl when you took it out jdiesel33 ?

1969chargerrtse

Those pieces are on eBay all the time.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.