News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DEATHPROOF CHARGERS FOUND AND RESTORED

Started by bandit2012, May 26, 2011, 02:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit2012

HELLO FELLOW CHARGER FANS. I WAS JUST CHECKING OUT YOUR FORUM AND I NOTICED SOMEONE HAD SPOTTED MY DEATHPROOF CHARGERS IN MY LOT IN SANTA CLARITA!! I REALLY WAS ADMIRING THE SATTELITE PHOTOS. ANYWAYS ALL 3 CHARGERS, NOVA AND CHALLENGER WERE USED IN THE MOVIE WHICH I WORKED ON. I ENDED UP WITH THE HERO STUNT CHARGER #B, STUNT HERO #C CHALLENGER, HERO #A NOVA WHICH IS 1 OF 2 THAT ARE LEFT OF 7 TOTAL, THAT WERE USED FOR THE NOVA SEQUENCES THAT WERE SHOT IN AUSTIN TEXAS. ALSO 2 XTRA STUNT CHARGERS THAT WERE BOUGHT LATE IN THE FILMING OF DEATHPROOF, BECAUSE THE STUNT TEAM WAS WRECKING THESE CHARGERS SO FAST, WE ENDED UP MATCHING 3 MORE CHALLENGERS AND 3 MORE CHARG RS TO KEEP UP WITH THE MAYHEM. I ENDED UP HAULING THE CARS THAT TROUBLMAKER STUDIOS WANTED TO KEEP BACK TO TEXAS AND BOUGHT THE REST OF THE REMAINING VEHICLES!! I HAVE BEEN HANDLING AND WORKING PICTURE VEHICLES IN THE MOVIE BUSINESS FOR 20 YEARS, AND WHEN I WAS WORKING ON THIS MOVIE THE BUG FINALLY GOT ME, I HAD TO HAVE ONE OF THESE CHARGERS AFTER THE MOVIE AND ENDED UP GETTING 5 CARS FROM THE MOVIE!! ANYWAYS YOU WONT HAVE TO LOOK TO FAR TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO THESE CARS!! 2 OF THE 3 CHARGERS THAT YOU SEE TO ARE THE HERO #B AND STUNT #! #1 IN THE MOVIE "DRIVE ANGRY 3D" MY COMPANY GOT THE HERO BUILD ORDER FOR 5 CHARGERS FOR THE MOVIE WITH ALOT OF SPECIAL REQUESTS FROM THE DIRECTOR PATRICK LUSSIER AND DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPY. SO WE STARTED THE BUILD ON THE DEATHPROOF CARS AND COMPLETELY DISMANTLED ALL THE CARS. THE DEATHPROOF HERO STUNT CHARGER #B AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PHOTOS WAS COMPLETLY HAMMERED AFTER DEATHPROOF, THIS WAS THE STUNT CAR THAT GOT REARENDED BY THE CHALLENGER PARKED OUT IN THE FIELD. THE SPFX SCORED THE REAR ROLL CAGE IN THE TRUNK OF THE CAR SO THE BACK WOULD FOLD DOWN AND TAKE THE 50 MILE PER HOUR HIT BETTER!! THE CAR WAS INDESTRUCTIBLE IN THIS MOVIE, THE STUNT HERO #B WAS REALLY THE MAIN STUNT CAR IN THIS MOVIE!! WHEN YOU WATCH THE MOVIE THIS CAR IS IN ABOUT 60% OF THE CHASE SEQUNCES, ITS NOT HARD TO SPOT BECAUSE OF DAMAGE. ALSO THIS CAR HAS A CNC BRAKE SYSTEM THAT BUDDY JOE HOOKER USED TO SWING THE HEAVY ASS END OF THE CAR AROUND EASIER. ANYWAYS ALL THE CHARGER FANS IN THE WORLD WHO ARE PISSED OFF AT HOLLYWOOD FOR KILLING SO MANY OF THESE BEAUTIFULL CARS. THEY WILL BE HAPPY TO KNOW THAT THE DEATHPROOF STUNT CHARGER #B HAS BEEN COMPLETLY RESTORED AND WAS PULLED FROM THE DRIVE ANGRY LINE UP!! WE BASICALLY CUT THE BACK OF THE CAR OFF AND STARTED OVER, WE ENDED SPENDING TOO MUCH MONEY ON THE CAR AND WAS NOT ABOUT TO GIVE THE DEATHPROOF CAR TO ANOTHER MOVIE THAT WAS THREATING TO DESTROY IT!!I WILL POST PHOTOS SOON OF THIS CAR, IT WAS QUITE A PROJECT BUT WAS WELL WORTH IT. JUST WANTED TO CLEAR SOME OF THE HISTORY OF THESE CARS UP FOR EVERONE AND YES THE 2 DEATHPROOF CARS THAT WERE TURNED INTO DRIVE ANGRY CARS WERE BOTH ORANGE CARS THAT WERE PROCURED FROM A PICTURE CAR COMPANY IN LOS ANGELESS. ILL BLOG MORE LATER. :flame:

Kern Dog

If you "blog more later", try doing it WITHOUT ALL CAPS. It is really annoying to read and it makes you look either angry, or too lazy to capitalize when needed.
Thanks for the update on these special cars. Its good to know that someone is looking to save them.

elanmars

good read, definitely would like to read more! any of the cars for sale?  :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

lee2

please post pictures. and If any of the cars are for sale I would be interested.
Welcome to Hazzard County. They do things different here.

bull

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

morepower

wow glad to see them around. I wonder where the drive angry charger is..
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

THE CHARGER PUNK

Yeah as at least one of the drive angry cars was a true R/T

WB General Lee

Don't think he means anything by all the caps. It's nice of the guy to come on here and share with us. Love to hear about any movie car.

Tilar

Interesting  :scratchchin:  Oh and welcome aboard!
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

GL#10

Hey

Saw your cars sitting at the lot up there near Newhall  , was trying to find out who owned them and went back in October and they where gone , have pictures from outside the yard .
Glad you saved them . The two Orange Chargers  , you get them out of C.V.S ??

K.c

WB General Lee

Like I said I don't think that was nice at all to jump on that guy for something silly as that the first time he makes a post. You have to make people feel welcome.  Lets here more about those cars  :2thumbs:

GL#10

Here are a few pics from when they where sitting at the yard near Newhall .

K.c

GL#10

Another one .

GL#10

GL#10

GL#10

Last one , the Nova was parked further into the yard  , could not get any pics of it .

K.c

Finn

Quote from: GL#10 on May 30, 2011, 03:30:04 AM
Last one , the Nova was parked further into the yard  , could not get any pics of it .

K.c

Never fear, I managed to get a pic of it  :icon_smile_big:.
Are you local to SCV GL?

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Death Proof

Yeah... the Death Proof Charger is one of the greatest, ...I love mine  :coolgleamA:

Lennard

morepower

1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

Death Proof

Thanks! ...And it's Safe  :icon_smile_big:

"it's better than safe, it's death proof." -Stuntman Mike

HOTROD

POST REMOVEAL
Again nice pic's !!!
:shruggy: CAPS
What the Hell-Dumass !

WB General Lee

Never seen Deathproof. Looks like they had DOH wheels on those cars. The Challenger is cool. What shape are the cars in now?

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.