News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats ya all do to the charger this weekend?

Started by 70charginglizard, January 09, 2006, 09:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

I relocated my aftermarket tach from the steering column to under the ash tray
Fixed the headliner in the back sail panel area's. Lost points on that last year!  :flame:
Repainted the steering column where the after marker tach dug into the paint.

So what you all do?

only a couple months till car show season... Better get on it.  :icon_smile_big:
70charginglizard

WM23N1

I looked out my back window to make sure they were still there.
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

694spdRT

A couple months? The snow might be here until May.  :icon_smile_big:

I pushed it about a foot or two forward in the shop to make some more room....that was about it.  ;)

I do need to do a few things before spring, I just have not got to them yet. 
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

genlee1970

I started it up and let it run for an hour or so, then sat in it and wished it were April instead of January. :'( Was cool to hear the Flowmasters rattling the windows of my house for an hour, all the way from the garage. Hope the neighbors felt the same way!!!! :no:

jaak

nothing unfortunately  :'( I've been sick as a dog the last couple of days.

derailed

Actually went out and fired it up, backed it out of the garage and let it run for about a half hour but that was about it.

plum500

Finally started to work on it!... tested out my new compressor and air tools -- took the passenger door and fender off... doing the other side...trunk and hood this coming weekend!

TruckDriver

Nothin' but took a socket wrench and turned the engine over a few times to keep it from seizing up on me.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hemigeno

I got to drop my daughter off at a basketball tournament on Saturday morning, about an hour away.  Cruized around a while, 120 miles total.  Was wondering why the car was running a little rough, came back home and discovered that the #7 spark plug wire had blown itself halfway out of the spark plug tube.  Guess it wasn't getting too much spark in that hole...

Rolling_Thunder

took her out to try and settle this backfiring issue...   didnt solve it so i took her for a little drive just to run through the gears some... 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

694spdRT

Quote from: hemigeno on January 09, 2006, 11:50:57 PM
I got to drop my daughter off at a basketball tournament on Saturday morning, about an hour away.  Cruized around a while, 120 miles total.  Was wondering why the car was running a little rough, came back home and discovered that the #7 spark plug wire had blown itself halfway out of the spark plug tube.  Guess it wasn't getting too much spark in that hole...

Do they spread much road salt down in your area Gene? The snow is mostly gone here right now and the roads are clear. However, I washed my truck before a trip to Madison, WI and still picked up a bunch of dry salt. Not cool if it were one of the "classics".

BTW: The 440HP in my car ran for 47,000 miles on 7 cylinders in a '69 Chrysler 300. The original owner pullled it out to rebuild it and found intake pushrod laying on the head where someone had set it at the factory before putting the valve covers on. He could never figure out why it did not have the power the '68 440 had that he traded in on it.  ;)

Ty
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Silver R/T

umm just thought what i wanna do first when I get garage...while it still sits out in weather :(
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

kab69440

Went and fetched a hood to play with. Bought a crap load of gator-style vinyl at JoAnn Fabrics off the clearance table. 13 yards and change came out to less than 32 bucks! Score!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Todd Wilson

Ghoste

Walked right past it on my way to get the snow shovel out of the garage. :flame:

69_500

Walked past the 500 on the way out of the house each morning, and back passed it each night.

I am back to looking for a job once again, as the small company I went to, decided they can't afford to expand at this time. So I don't think I'll be doing anything with the 500 for a few more months. I was going to change the water pump this winter.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Not a dang thing....cover is on & battery is out and on the battery tender.

Too cold out there (even though it was 50º yesterday!)

I dont touch the car till April........
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 10, 2006, 08:28:15 AM
Not a dang thing....cover is on & battery is out and on the battery tender.

Too cold out there (even though it was 50º yesterday!)

I dont touch the car till April........

Sounds like my plan, too!!!

I did work on my '69 dash though for the current project, in the basement. Starting putting the dash assembly back together. Got the dash about 75% completed now. Did the white-face gauge thingy with orange needles. Looking real nice! Just need to put the faceplates and front pads on, and connect the wires to the gauges.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

smasherofall

I took my cluster out this w/e also to do the gauge faces. I bought the decal kit at the last Indy swap meet last year. Looked to be very nice, and I didn't think there were more than a couple people making them, boy was I mistaken   :icon_smile_dissapprove: First thing I did was drop the gauge assembly when I was trying to get of the car (no interior) and broke a corner off the face plate  :icon_smile_angry: then when I was trying to pull the needle off the speedometer, the little plastic bushing in the back broke and the shaft came unsprung rendering it completely useless  :flame:, luckilly I have a spare cluster. Next, the decals don't fit correctly, no notches for the rivets and they didn't cut the hole out for the odometer  :flame: :flame: and also it has the wrong temp gauge decal, I need the one where the safe area is offset to the right, the good sets apparently come with both styles. needless to say this all spread out on my kitchen table still...................................

hemigeno

Quote from: 694spdRT on January 10, 2006, 12:38:43 AM

Do they spread much road salt down in your area Gene? The snow is mostly gone here right now and the roads are clear. However, I washed my truck before a trip to Madison, WI and still picked up a bunch of dry salt. Not cool if it were one of the "classics".

BTW: The 440HP in my car ran for 47,000 miles on 7 cylinders in a '69 Chrysler 300. The original owner pullled it out to rebuild it and found intake pushrod laying on the head where someone had set it at the factory before putting the valve covers on. He could never figure out why it did not have the power the '68 440 had that he traded in on it.  ;)

Ty

Ty,
They have sprayed a brine solution on the roads, but just on the overpasses and bridges where icing might be more of a problem.  We haven't had much snow, so they haven't had the need to put much in the way of salt or calcium chloride on the bigger portion of the roads.  The county I live in and the cities around here are too poor to use salt, so they almost always just use cinders.  Those make more of a mess, but don't affect sheet metal as much.  The state highway department is who slathers on the nasty stuff.  There's only a small amount left on the roads right now, and today's rain will take care of that.

My R/T was a factory undercoat car, so it's caked up pretty good underneath.  Perhaps I rely on that a little too much, but it's too hard to walk by the car in the garage all winter without taking it out on nice days.

viper r/t

Monday makes a year that I've had it. Might be going to buy a cake. ;D

PocketThunder

Gonna finish cleaning up the garage to make room.. because..... my 68 comes back from the body shop all painted next week!! F-N-A!! BABY!!! :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 10, 2006, 05:35:07 PM
Gonna finish cleaning up the garage to make room.. because..... my 68 comes back from the body shop all painted next week!! F-N-A!! BABY!!! :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

You know what to do when it arrives right???
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

Nothing this past weekend however this coming weekend the restored grille and the re-chromed front bumper get installed, if all goes as planned.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 10, 2006, 05:45:25 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on January 10, 2006, 05:35:07 PM

You know what to do when it arrives right???

whoaaa yaaa...  click..click...

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bsakal

I straightened up the garage so I can work on it, then started to disassamble the 383, only got the heads off so far....
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

41husk

All I did was start it, back it out of the garage and let it run for about 25 minutes and pulled it back in.  However, The exhaust was installed on the Challenger and I refinished the Challenger grill.  Slowly but surely! Troy, next time you visit, you won't even recognizer.  If all goes well you may be able to drive either the Charger or Challenger to the cruize.  I hate being the passenger!!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

ChargerRob

Took it to work this last Friday, then I cruised it saturday night in Hollywood on Sunset Drive.  :drive:

No plans this coming weekend. :shruggy:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

69_500

I do plan on getting it out of the garage this weekend though just to wipe it off, and fire it up and let it run for a little while. Maybe check to see if any new leaks have worked their way through.

jgbailey57

aired up the front tires, charged the battery, and started to rearrange the garage so i can get it back in this coming weekend.
'69 Charger R/T patiently waiting in line to be restored... NOT WAITING ANYMORE!!!

dd44068

Well for myself i never put it away had it out last weekend for a while. When i get a chance and weather permits it comes out. For things to do to it I have a bunch of little things the question is where to start.