News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aero Cars at the Brickyard 400, July 29-31 2011 - Registration Form Posted

Started by Aero426, June 06, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonw29

Thats super.Its good to see that they have an  appreciation for those cars.I remember that Steve H and Ryan Pembrton getting their starts with the KING.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mopar John on July 31, 2011, 09:58:01 PM
Has anyone seen this guy? He's normally posting on here all the time and left early in the race? :lol:

Hahaha... I found myself.......... FINALLY home at about 6pm local today....... Whew.. what a drive....... Tuffy, Jacob and I had a wonderful time. It was great to see everyone again and didn't spend nearly enough time with all my friends...... Danny and Bobbi, thank you so much for your hospitality during the weekend, we 3 really appreciate it and made us feel right at home.......

More to come, I'm exhausted and ready to go to bed.. I'll post some more of my pictures tomorrow.......

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on August 01, 2011, 06:05:32 PM
Saturday night some folks ran into the guy on the left at an old time drive in a couple minutes from the track. He said that his dad owns a blue Superbird. (Yeah, yeah I know. We hear that story a lot.)

Sweet !!!!  There I am........... With Jacob and our new friend.........  Thanks Doug.......
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Mopurr

Well I have gotten some pictures up on FB.

I forgot my password for photobucket to get them on here, so will be later

Brock Samson

Aero426

From Mike Mulhern's blog on the Indy weekend.    Scroll all the way down to the bottom...

http://www.mikemulhern.net/MikesTake

And this one...  also scroll down for the pic.     

http://www.mikemulhern.net/DailyBriefing

Aero426

Leonard Wood adding some graffiti to a Cyclone.

Aero426

3--Daytona

Thanks Doug for a great weekend i'm sure you are glad its over.
The track people were nice to us, helped get my scooter back to the trailer. Police were another story,,,,,,  but it was kind of fun when we burned rubber and got side ways in the street, try to get into traffic .   Mopar John , Thanks for the pic of black car,  grand kids will enjoy.
The warm spell is still on,,108 degree here today.

hemi68charger

Danny, hope you don't mind, but I thought these were good pictures of you and Dakota...  Great family experience... It was wonderful to see Dakota and Jacob having fun with each other. Both really seemed to enjoy themselves and get into the total spirit of the race and their favorite drivers...

Anyone remember the url for the photos that were being taken by Track photographers throughout the weekend? They worked for the track, but can't see them all. I see some links, but that don't have many of the vintage cars... The lady taking the pictures assured me they would be loaded to view....

Cheers,,,,,,,,,
Troy

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 03, 2011, 08:05:38 AM
Danny, hope you don't mind, but I thought these were good pictures of you and Dakota...  Great family experience... It was wonderful to see Dakota and Jacob having fun with each other. Both really seemed to enjoy themselves and get into the total spirit of the race and their favorite drivers...

Anyone remember the url for the photos that were being taken by Track photographers throughout the weekend? They worked for the track, but can't see them all. I see some links, but that don't have many of the vintage cars... The lady taking the pictures assured me they would be loaded to view....

Cheers,,,,,,,,,
yeah i would like to get that url  also  they took a picture of my whole family with my car 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

scatpakrt

It was great to meet a lot of you guys in person at the IMS get together. First I must THANK Troy for the invitation to join him and Jacob to such a great event. It was my first Nascar Cup race and wing car event and both proved to be AWESOME! We had a great time getting our mugs and Troy and Danny's cars on TV at the Speed Network setup. Speaking of mugs, we were lucky enough to be there when Rutledge Wood and Kyle Petty arrived at the Mug and Bun for a bite of chow. Friendly pair of fellows who autographed anything you wanted and posed for pictures that will last a life time.
I must also THANK Danny and wife, Bobbie, for their hospitality in offering their house for us to lay our tired bodies to rest. It sure was a blessing and really saved us some much needed Mopar cash.. THANK YOU! Hopefully I can return the favor some day.
I would also like to say I was looking forward to meeting Gary and Pam (and did) and getting a chance to see that AWESOME 71 Daytona! It was a magnet for me as I would someday hopefully win the lottery and convert my 71 "Mr. Norm's" Charger R/T to one like that. AWESOME car guys and it was great meeting the two of you.
Next THANKS to all you guys that brought out your cars. It really seemed to be a great turnout. I hope we did not rumble any feathers trying to help out with parking so many vehicles in a tight area, but we did the best we could to keep everyone together with their friends cars. It was a matter of timing.
Thanks to NASCAR and IMS for the show, although another 100 mph added to our parade lap would have been a hoot! Love to see those wing cars on a place they were built to be. Nothing finer than a Charger 500 and a Daytona playing chase with the Talledega's.
And last but not least my lovely wife for allowing me to miss our 29th wedding anniversary to have one of the greatest times of my life. Love to You!
And THANK God for a safe and pleasant trip on the road from Houston and back.
I hope we can have something similar at Texas Motor Speedway in Ft. Worth, Texas.

H.C. "Tuffy" Weaver Jr.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
71 "Mr. Norm's" Charger R/T, 440 auto, 323 Suregrip, Bright Red
09 Challenger SRT8, 6.1 Hemi, auto, Brilliant Black Pearlcoat
08 Mega Cab, 2500 Diesel, auto, Brilliant Black Pearlcoat

hemi68charger

Quote from: scatpakrt on August 03, 2011, 08:59:51 PM

I hope we can have something similar at Texas Motor Speedway in Ft. Worth, Texas.

Tuffy, it was my pleasure too... again, Kudos to Danny, Bobbie and Dakota.......................  Hey Margaret, hope I'm in good favor for taking your husband a 1000 miles away.......

Here are some more pictures of the Mug N'Bun pitstop........

1. Tuffy and next to Danny's C500 and I believe Doug's newly painted Superbird. Smile says it all........
2. Rutledge Wood checking out the wings
3. Jacob next to Rick's 'Bird
4. Kyle Petty next to Rick's 'Bird
Troy

hemi68charger

Steve's awesome B5 4-speed 'Bird.. The Bristol pace-car 'Bird...
Troy

hemi68charger

Pictures speak loudly, nothing needs to be added......  :drool5:

Gary and Pam...  :punkrocka:
Troy

Aero426

Aero426

Danny does not look unhappy to be here either.

Aero426

Aero426

Do these bricks make my butt look big?

Aero426

scatpakrt

Tried to post a few pics, and as soon as I figure out how to reduce the size of the file I will post some up. :cheers:
71 "Mr. Norm's" Charger R/T, 440 auto, 323 Suregrip, Bright Red
09 Challenger SRT8, 6.1 Hemi, auto, Brilliant Black Pearlcoat
08 Mega Cab, 2500 Diesel, auto, Brilliant Black Pearlcoat

Aero426

Quote from: scatpakrt on August 03, 2011, 10:33:50 PM
Tried to post a few pics, and as soon as I figure out how to reduce the size of the file I will post some up. :cheers:

Open the photo image in your Paint program.   Click "Image", then "Stretch Skew" and resize it under stretch.   My files are 3meg so I am doing them at 20%.  Then Save As to a folder and upload them here. 

pettybird

I posted my pics to Flickr:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/pettybird/sets/72157627354897218/

lots of redundancies, but there are 800 pics there.  I tried to take a lot of pictures of people, so look through them and see if you're there!

nitrometal

Well Doug,

Now that you're back from Indy have you received any feedback from Katie or another Indy promoter that they were impressed with your efforts of organizing something like this at the last minute?  I'm assuming that the gang behaved themselves (I haven't seen anything in the posts that were negative) and made the DSAC look good.  Sounds like ya'll had a blast other than the heat wave.

Maybe they'll invite us back again?

Also, one more question...what speed were the parade laps? Was it 30 mph like Talladega?

I'm still really depressed that I had to miss it.     :brickwall:    At least it died here and not up there. I was actually on schedule this time and not thrashing at the last second.
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com