News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'70 Charger Seaside Oregon

Started by SG1022, June 29, 2011, 06:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG1022

Here's a 70 Charger that was at the Seaside Oregon Muscle and Chrome car show. It was one of 3 Mopar's out of about 50 cars.  :eyes: . The other two were a '64 Polara 500, and a lemon twist 440+6 Cuda. The Cuda didn't even show up the second day, or to collect it's award(It was even local).

Anyways, when I first passed it the hood was closed. When I came back around it was open, but I didn't get any pictures. I did notice that the hoodpins looked a lot like the ones in this thread, http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=75726.0.  The car didn't have a fendertag on it, and the vin was covered by the car description. Is it possible if these are factory pins? Did they have factory pins in 1970?

Here are some pictures I took. I really liked the color.  :2thumbs:

b5blue

Nice car and pics! Classy ... :yesnod: The pins are where I have my locks, there is a hole in the underframe right there.  :scratchchin:

BananaDan

They did have them, my car is a hood pin car.  It was option code J45

J45 - Hood Pins 3205 built 34.2% $15.40 70 models had 4 screws in box formation..2 in front..2 in rear

http://1970chargerregistry.com/Production/RT_Codes.html
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Just 6T9 CHGR

Hood pins were more common on '70 Chargers & look better on them IMHO.

Like Neal said that T7 looks real classy on that car :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

472 R/T SE

One of these years we'll make that Muscle Beach cruise.  I've always heard you have to make motel reservations a year in advance. 
We've lived here since '94 & I've only went to The End of the World Rod Run one time.  And that was over a decade ago.