News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barrett-Jackson auction starts today...

Started by marangen, January 17, 2006, 05:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

Lot number 1584, 1964  DODGE POLARA HEMI 330 FACTORY LIGHTWEIGHT $14,580.00   :o :o :o. If that is correct, what a deal! Looking at the description, the car seems correct. I have to believe that is a missprint. Looks like some reasonable deals on Sunday overall.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

nascarxx29

The rebody thing has certainly been around a long time .I recall at carlisle they gave a 69 hemi car as a giveaway.And the unknown story I found out and heard about was back in the day the drag racer if it was fact or fiction . It was totaled out it at the track after a crash .And removed every item .And transplanted it on a clean 69 rolling shell .As if you looked underneath the car as I did it lacked certain hemi details as I remember.And these rising prices put these cars out of the hands of the real enthusiast.That used these cars as dailly transportation as I did .And fixed and repaired as needed to stay on the road .And from our devotion and hardships with these cars over the years .And keeping them going and keeping them in circulation .So the now investors can take the cars away from us  .As we kept them up and dealt with there electrical and mechanical demons.And they price them way out of a working mans reach .As mentioned earlier

chargervert

Re: Barrett-Jackson auction starts today...
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2006, 11:51:29 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a new slogan for Barret-Jackson! WERE BARRET- JACKSON! OUR PRICES ARE INSANE!!!!!!! then comes the disclaimer, This auction,is not intended for the poor shallow pocketed inthusiests who love,and deserve to own these vehicles! So please stop drooling on the cars that are no longer within your means! This broadcast cannot be duplicated under penalty of law,or we will use the 16% that we gouged from the buyers and sellers to sue you for the pathitic amount of money you greasy car guy are worth,plus an 8% commission!       
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Hemidoug

That race car body didn't happen to end up in a junkyard in southern N.J. did it? I think I saw what was left of it during a recient trip. Was it white with red lettering?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

69_500

How do they figure that a car is the only known one with factory sassy grass green paint color? Any one care to make mention of that? I believe there was a Sassy grass green HEMI cuda at Monster MOpar this year, as well as Mopar nationals, as well as Carlisle I believe. And when talking to the owner he said it was the only Sassy Grass Green HEMI cuda with white interior, so I'm guessing there is one out there with black interior too?

694spdRT

Quote from: 69_500 on January 23, 2006, 09:24:10 AM
How do they figure that a car is the only known one with factory sassy grass green paint color? Any one care to make mention of that? I believe there was a Sassy grass green HEMI cuda at Monster MOpar this year, as well as Mopar nationals, as well as Carlisle I believe. And when talking to the owner he said it was the only Sassy Grass Green HEMI cuda with white interior, so I'm guessing there is one out there with black interior too?

I wondered about that as well. It may just be the only "documented" 383 Cuda in Sassy Grass but, I doubt it is the only original paint Cuda around. There were some other numbers flying around during that auction that you could tell the announcers had a hard time deciphering too. Like the 12 of 14 Challenger R/T that had the crate Hemi in it.  ???
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

RT DAVE

Quote from: 69_500 on January 23, 2006, 09:24:10 AM

They said it was the only sassy grass car still wearing it's original paint. 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

BB1

Delete my profile

TruckDriver

Here is one last one. This one sold long after they were off the air last night. And it isn't even show quality.

$17,300  :o
1977 Power Wagon that was special ordered with a Warlock package
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

chargervert

Quote from: nascarxx29 on January 23, 2006, 07:59:24 AM
The rebody thing has certainly been around a long time .I recall at carlisle they gave a 69 hemi car as a giveaway.And the unknown story I found out and heard about was back in the day the drag racer if it was fact or fiction . It was totaled out it at the track after a crash .And removed every item .And transplanted it on a clean 69 rolling shell .As if you looked underneath the car as I did it lacked certain hemi details as I remember.And these rising prices put these cars out of the hands of the real enthusiast.That used these cars as dailly transportation as I did .And fixed and repaired as needed to stay on the road .And from our devotion and hardships with these cars over the years .And keeping them going and keeping them in circulation .So the now investors can take the cars away from us  .As we kept them up and dealt with there electrical and mechanical demons.And they price them way out of a working mans reach .As mentioned earlie

chargervert
Dave, We all konw that people have been rebodying cars,but I'm more concerned that Barrett-Jackson,will make it acceptable to the hobby to do so,and to sell them for as much,or more than the originals! That what scares me!

Re: Barrett-Jackson auction starts today...
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2006, 11:51:29 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a new slogan for Barret-Jackson! WERE BARRET- JACKSON! OUR PRICES ARE INSANE!!!!!!! then comes the disclaimer, This auction,is not intended for the poor shallow pocketed inthusiests who love,and deserve to own these vehicles! So please stop drooling on the cars that are no longer within your means! This broadcast cannot be duplicated under penalty of law,or we will use the 16% that we gouged from the buyers and sellers to sue you for the pathitic amount of money you greasy car guy are worth,plus an 8% commission!       

Ghoste

I would say by the prices, they have already done that.

bad2thebone

0-60 in 4 seconds flat!  What a ride!