News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barrett-Jackson auction starts today...

Started by marangen, January 17, 2006, 05:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

Yup, that would be the one! 23,000 original, numbers matching, black on black, airgrabber, super track pac. Nice ride, but 142,000 ? I wounder where the M code cars are going to go? Bidding stalled around 70k and took off as they were rolling it off. The bidding had to last 10 minutes!
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

TruckDriver

I think this is the Cuda that went for $175,000 before they came on the air

HEMI 'CUDA 2 DOOR COUPE

$135,000
1970 HEMI ROADRUNNER

Christ, just about every other car tonight is a Corvette :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ghoste

TruckDriver

Quote from: Ghoste on January 20, 2006, 09:36:38 PM
How are the Vette's doing?

About 4 or 5 in the top 10 sellers for tonight. A unrestored 11,000 mile '69 Z28 with a 302, just went for $205,000 :P

This car just went for $85,000.

1 of 6 built
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ghoste

TruckDriver

PETE

Ponch ®

someone got an awesome deal on that Viper-powered 71 Chally. Originally a 318 car, but for $65,000 it's a great car you can actually drive around.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Shakey

Quote from: Ponch on January 20, 2006, 10:14:32 PM
someone got an awesome deal on that Viper-powered 71 Chally. Originally a 318 car, but for $65,000 it's a great car you can actually drive around.

very quickly I might add!   :yesnod:

Ghoste

It was at the RM auction in Novi last fall where it didn't meet its reserve.  The reserve was higher than he got this time so he must have changed his personal value on the car.

Rick Keesler

$65,000 for the '71 Challenger 318/Viper V-10 just goes to show whoever spent all that money puttin a V-10 would've got 3 or maybe even 4 times as much return on his time and labor by cloning a hemi car...especially a 'vert........considering the fact that even good clones are selling in price ranges that in some cases are comparable to what originals are fetching.

I'll bet the price of crate hemi's are going to start going up ... :scratchchin: ....hell, I bet the price of 318 cars are gonna go up, cause you can't have a clone till you have a body to start with.... :image_294343:

Ghoste

It bid to 90k last fall and he turned it down so it would seem that original style fakes are very much what the retiring boomers want.  No hot rods?

TruckDriver

This Challenger R/T Hemi went for $67,000

#12 of only 14 built

'70 Cuda went for $60,000

>>>LINK<<<
PETE

Ghoste

Prices seem to be all over the place at the moment.  Saturday will be the big show.

694spdRT

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on January 20, 2006, 11:17:35 PM
This Challenger R/T Hemi went for $67,000

#12 of only 14 built

'70 Cuda went for $60,000

>>>LINK<<<

I was suprised that the '70 Challenger R/T did not bring more. It was an original 440 car with a 472 Hemi and with how other things were selling it was a "deal". It is always hard to tell the condition of cars on TV and it might not have been as good of a car overall as yesterday's '67 Hemi clone.

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

BigBlockSam

QuoteI'm glad that I resisted the urge to sell it 
i;m glad too  :icon_smile_cool:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

Perhaps some of those incredible records were set by shill buyers?  It's a common ploy and don't ever delude yourself into believing it doesn't happen at a large televised auction.  B-J has become an event and the only part that makes you go wow and talk about it at work (or here) are the prices that leave us slack jawed and awed.

Hemidoug

In regards to the prices of some of the cars on B-J, you have to take into account that most of the large $$$ sales are on the cream of the crop stuff. I'm talking all original, number matching, low DOCUMENTED miles, lots of other memorabilia to go with the car. Sure, we are all scratching our heads over the price of clones, but I think it is because of the individual car, not just because of what is nestled between the fenderwells. All I know is hold onto your hats today..........It's gonna get bumpy! :o :o :o
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

472 R/T SE

I keep hearing about the bottom falling out on the market.  Apparently it's not happening this year.  ???

I'll say it again, nicely clones are next.

Ghoste

After some of the auctions I worked last year, I truly thought this would be the B-J to mark a slowdown. Sales slowed dramatically through the year.  Perhaps everyone was saving their money until Arizona or maybe people aren't worried about things that drove it then (oil prices, Katrina, Iraq quagmire etc.)  Logic, history, and basic economics tell us that it must end at some point, but I for one, sure don't when or where.  It is a most remarkable thing to try and understand isn't it?

TripleBlackGator

Maybe you'll see this post maybe you won't. BJ is not real world. These cars albeit rare and dressed to kill are for the most part being bought by deep pocketed individuals and corporations. Only at BJ will these cars bring these prices. The auction floor is flooded with well heeled bidders who are more interested in possesing a car more than owning and driving it. The prices are falsely inflated when two or 3 guys are more interested in taking the car away from another bidder than actually having the car itself. Not so high dollar cars are sold at BJ which reflect more real world pricing but you will never see them on TV. That does nothing for BJ, the seller, or the bidder. Give me the nice car with flaws here and there that was purchased by a person who worked hard, saved, bought his car, worked on it by himself with some help from family members and his children. Someone who's wife or husband is in the garage, at the show and by their side at the bank when it comes time to borrow money for that engine rebuild or new paint. I will always gravitate towards those folks and not some spoiled brat looking for another jewel in his crown.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

TruckDriver

PETE

472 R/T SE

HOLY COW!  This is my buddies car.  He did the restoration last winter, paid $58k for it as a project when he bought 2 months prior.  Pretty exciting stuff.  He traded it last year before it was even done.

RIGHT-ON!!!!!!!!!!   I'm just as excited as he is.  He gave it away for what he got for it, but how do you know.

$450,000

RECHRGD

HMMMM, The '68 with the new little HEMI went for 130K.  I wonder what it would have gone for if it had a 528 crate HEMI in it.  That's what I want to do to mine one of these days.
13.53 @ 105.32