News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HOT WHEELS 1973! (TK73 Charger Rebuild/Fire/Rebuild Again)

Started by RallyeMike, July 04, 2011, 01:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK73

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 05, 2012, 06:38:55 PM
i love this car. only 1 complaint, the rear drums need to be painted black. flat black. oh yea........ :yesnod:

Drums don't show through on those Turbines... otherwise would...  :2thumbs:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

TK73

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 05, 2012, 02:21:46 AM
Looks Great!  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :cheers: :D

But now now some dumb "no it all" kid somewhere will see your car, and argue with others that Dodge made like a 100 rare Charger T/A's  :lol:

Might just play that one up   :D

nvrbdn

oh, ok looked closer at them now. lol the fronts are black so i thought the drums were painted, but now that i look at the wheels i see that now :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TK73

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 05, 2012, 09:41:07 PM
oh, ok looked closer at them now. lol the fronts are black so i thought the drums were painted, but now that i look at the wheels i see that now :2thumbs:

Changed the fronts to a different type of Turbine, went 14x7.  Did have the 15x8.5 all around but fronts rubbed the fenders...

nvrbdn

well this build is one of my top pic 3rd gens. great build and paint scheme :cheers:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TK73

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 05, 2012, 09:47:38 PM
well this build is one of my top pic 3rd gens. great build and paint scheme :cheers:

Man, THANKS!! 

Feels good to get near the end and drive a bit  :2thumbs:

RallyeMike

Last update from me. Done!

Re-gasketed the trans pan with a cork gasket. The rubber ones always leak on me. Installed a repro-fan shroud. With the 3-core radiator this thing is as cool as a cucumber.

Pics:

1) McGyvered up some kick down linkage. A combination of motorhome rod, small block bracketry, and a little welding.... worked perfect the fist time without any adjustment (never been so lucky).

2) Rear window was scratched and leaky. Pulled a good one from the parts stash and reinstalled with trim buffed up by Mr. Halfast.

3) Fly away! Last day at the workshop.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

RallyeMike

NIGHTRIDER!!!!!

Mr. TK enjoying a leisurely cruise.  :D

(Note position of accellerometer)

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Stretch

Cool stuff Guys! Love the gloss and matt paint. Love the tucked bumpers! Nice work all around!
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

TK73

70charginglizard

I remember that garage I think. Looks a lot better.  :drool5:
70charginglizard

Argos_Chargers

Geez Chris...it's been a long time since i was on the site.  What a post to come back to!  A real lesson for all of us.  I'm so glad that you weren't hurt worse.  I hope the healing isn't too painiful.  Good luck with the projects!
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

Bob T

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 18, 2012, 02:01:31 PM
NIGHTRIDER!!!!!

:lol:  So you're a Mad Max fan then  :2thumbs: accelerometer in full scale deflection, probly much like yours would be in your Blue car  :yesnod:
Apparently there was some company around buying up XA &  XB coupes a few years ago and Max'ing them and shipping them to the States , not a bad idea
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

CB

TK, I didn"t know your car looked so cool with the low budget paint job!
Some people can do amazing things with paint  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

RallyeMike

Quotelol  So you're a Mad Max fan then  2thumbs accelerometer in full scale deflection, probly much like yours would be in your Blue car  yesnod
Apparently there was some company around buying up XA &  XB coupes a few years ago and Max'ing them and shipping them to the States , not a bad idea

Mad Max  :2thumbs: Driving through dry-lands at maximum speed is kind of a thing with me  :D

XA anXB coupes? Better start saving my pennies.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

TK73

Quote from: Argos_Chargers on March 19, 2012, 02:23:55 PM
Geez Chris...it's been a long time since i was on the site.  What a post to come back to!  A real lesson for all of us.  I'm so glad that you weren't hurt worse.  I hope the healing isn't too painiful.  Good luck with the projects!

Yo!!

Come on down for a show or two!!  Got a Charger meet comin up

TK73

Quote from: CB on April 08, 2012, 04:27:40 AM
TK, I didn"t know your car looked so cool with the low budget paint job!
Some people can do amazing things with paint  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

LOVIN IT!!

Stay tuned, another member is "BADASSING" his '73 as we speak!!  Pics later

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 18, 2012, 02:01:31 PM
NIGHTRIDER!!!!!

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  Nice...

(& nice shelf for your hood too)

RallyeMike

Quote(& nice shelf for your hood too)

Not all shelves are created equal. That one has depressions for holding tools too... Dont you hate it when your sockets roll off onto the floor?!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

HalfastJav

Weird.......... yet i want it........looks like your car could get over 20 grand compared to that one
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/2901185710.html

Bob T

Quote from: RallyeMike on April 08, 2012, 10:36:49 AM
Quotelol  So you're a Mad Max fan then  2thumbs accelerometer in full scale deflection, probly much like yours would be in your Blue car  yesnod

Mad Max  :2thumbs: Driving through dry-lands at maximum speed is kind of a thing with me  :D

XA anXB coupes? Better start saving my pennies.

Ok, found it

http://www.madmaxcars.com/

and donor

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ford-xa-coupe-/261002182667?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item3cc4f1400b

and lots of $$$, and there you have it  :icon_smile_big:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

RallyeMike

Well, the tires have aged out on this car so I am putting some new Coopers on it, and it got me thinking.... we finished it up 10 years ago this month. Hard to believe that much time has passed.

The car has a few changes over the decade: I matched up the front wheels with the rears (Western Turbines 15x8-1/2), ditched the B&M shifter and converted it to a Slapstick console shift, added a 150 shot nitrous plate to the 440, installed a spare aluminum driveshaft, smashed the oil pan and replaced it, and just swapped the 3.55's out for 3.23's.

The Rustoleum paint job has held. I refresh it every once in awhile by wiping it down with WD40 on a soft cloth. This gets rid of water spots, evens out the color again, and generally brightens it up. WD40 does not seem to be working on me quite as well as the car: After 10 years definitely have more spots, an uneven color, and certainly am NOT brighter  :shruggy:

Last cruize night:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

472 R/T SE

Only knew that tall ass Chris from this forum & our Charger.com shows up there that triple green & that Rose guy organized.

Sucks we lost him too soon.  I give him all sorts of shit over the Mustang he bought saying it had to be his GF or chick car.

RM, thanks for keeping his ideas alive.  He and my bff that moved away from the NW thought alike.
That bitch looks better than ever!!!

Thanks for keeping someone you cared abouts vision alive!
F, hed be so proud!!!

RallyeMike

Good to see you back here more regularly, 472.

I added nitrous on the car knowing that TK was looking over my shoulder with a devious grin. I drive it without caution like he made me promise (hence, one smashed oil pan  :lol:). Otherwise, I've tried to preserve it as-is for the most part. The only CD in the car is Ministry. The glovebox still holds TK's glasses, smokes, and other things....including his box of stinky, hippy incense sticks ....but I would not have it any other way  :angel:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Todd Wilson