News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wood-grain and/or Carbon Overlays:

Started by Captain D, July 11, 2011, 01:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hi all,

I did some searches on here and came across some similar threads, but I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I thought that I'd post.

I read that when using the overlays, you may need the aluminum backing plates to use as a smooth surface. But, I called both Redline and Whiregauges.com and they said that no backing plates are needed - and that you can simply put them over your existing pepple-grain/textured dash bezels and they will look just as great. They said that to install them you wet the surface, squeegee the water out, etc. to fit them and that's all there is to it.

But, what I'm looking to find out is whether anyone here has really done this - putting overlays on top of the pepple-grain/textured dash components to see if they really do go on smoothly or not, especially with the wood-grain. Any positive or negative feedback? Anyone here go with the Carbon option? Here was the link that supposedly sells both the wood-grain and Carbon finishes:

http://whitegauges.net/products/1968%252d1970-B-Body-Rally-Dash-Resurfacing-Kit.html

Thank you for any info,
Aaron