News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best 2nd Gen RB headers

Started by XS29L8, July 15, 2011, 02:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L8

Picked up a 505" RB to stick in my wife's 68 Coronet wagon, wondering what the best headers would be for this unit?
I have Hedman's on my 496 powered Charger and am not impressed with their fitment and plug clearance issues at all.

The motor has RPM heads and will have a TKO 600 behind it.
The car is a driver, cam is tbd but I doubt it'll spin over 6k as we drive this thing quite a bit and need to keep the power brakes/steering so she can drive it easy enough. Probably be a mid-high .500 lift solid flat tappet.

Any input on what you guys have used without a huge headache?

XS29L8

Nobody runs headers on their cars?

BananaDan

There's lots of other header threads on here, you can find them with a search.  There was one pretty recently.  I run Hooker SuperComp 2"x3.5" on my 70 charger 440.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

A383Wing

Brock Samson

yeah, my Three inch TTIs were a perfect fit but today I'd go with an X pipe instead on the H pipe and Turbo Maxs instead of the Flowmasters i put on ten years back. I also highly suggest the Mini Race Starter while your at it...

my  :Twocents:

RallyeMike

I have never tried the much-touted TTI's however of everything I have used I like the Hooker Super Comps. The two piece design makes them easy to install, remove, and work around, and they don't cost an arm and a leg. Also, the tubes are not super thick, so they can easily be massaged to deal with any clearance issues common of most headers. Funny enough, Hooker Comps are the header that I have had the worst fit on.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/