News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats the easiest way to lube speedo cable-72 Charger

Started by 67tbird, July 27, 2011, 04:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67tbird

My speedo is jumping all over the place, thought I'd try lubing it, is it easier to get to from under dash or disconnecting from tranny? Thanks, Dave

Chryco Psycho

under the  dash , it has a brass collar to stop it sliding down out the bottom , I use white lithium & just spray or rub it onto the cable as you slide it into the housing

67tbird

Thanks Chryco, I was afraid of that, instrument end on mine is zip-tied on, just ordered new one, do they need to be lubed, or are they prelubed? Thanks Dave

gschmidt211

My speedo was doing the same thing, however, it was not the cable.  The speedo need to be rebuilt as the lube on the speedo gears had dried out from sitting for years.  Once I got it back, it worked nicely.
1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab

67tbird

Noooo! don't even hint at that, G, I've had the dash out about 5 times already don't make it 6(I'll try cable 1st--pray for me). Thanks, Dave