News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ok fine, the stinkin' GAS PRICES thread.

Started by Charger_Fan, January 13, 2006, 01:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

I wonder how much oil Canada has?? Maybe we will have to go bomb and invade them next!! :devil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Telvis

I have seen huge swings in prices from one area of town to another. I paid $2.17 at a Shell station this afternoon. I went about three miles across town and the price was $2.29 at another Shell. Both stations are owned by the same company. I have been noticing this a lot lately. I could understand prirce differences if the businesses were competing but these are stores all owned by the same people.

Lowprofile

$2.69 a gal. for diesel in Milford, CT today.  Man, those local taxes can kill ya at the pump.   :icon_smile_dead: :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

greenrt_se

around 1.20-1.25 euros/liter here in Finland     1usd=1.20euro

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Telvis on January 14, 2006, 06:41:25 PM
I have seen huge swings in prices from one area of town to another. I paid $2.17 at a Shell station this afternoon. I went about three miles across town and the price was $2.29 at another Shell. Both stations are owned by the same company. I have been noticing this a lot lately. I could understand prirce differences if the businesses were competing but these are stores all owned by the same people.
I've noticed that here too, for maybe a couple years. It's almost like they adjust the prices for what they think they can get away with...for example, it's usually more expensive near a freeway offramp or near large shopping areas, than it is further off the beaten path.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Steve P.

It's like that with most everything...   If you go to an area where people will pay anything without question of price, the price will slide on up. But go where the money is very thin and you will see that same product for less.   Walmart just got popped for that here in Florida. The stores in question are within 6 miles of eachother and are both SUPER stores. They are also starting to build another one very close to the one near me..   Oh boy, I can't wait.. :icon_smile_evil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Charger_Fan

Oh Man, don't get me started on Wally World. :flame:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

adauto

Just dropped to $2.35 was up to $2.49 fr 67 octane   Milwaukeee wi
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

96dacia

So you pay arround 2.40 $ per gallon.  In Romania I pay 0.95 Euros per liter, and if one gallon means 3.78 liters then........... :flame: :flame: :flame:   4.28 $ per gallon here in Romania !