News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD door hinges

Started by 70sixpkrt, August 01, 2011, 10:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sixpkrt

Has anybody bought and used the door hinges from AMD? Any quality issues?

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

greasyspider

Got a set for my 71.  Had to ditch the lowers and use the old ones because I couldn't get the door lined up even after a bunch of grinding on the bolt holes.
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

70sixpkrt

I did not want to hear that.

xpbprox

Yeah that don't sound good, I have some coming on the mail for my 71...

Nacho-RT74

why didn't compare side by side the old with the new to know about where it was really the problem ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

70sixpkrt

I ordered a set yesterday from 521 Restorations who gets them from AMD but at a cheeper price than AMD.

greasyspider

Never could tell for sure.  I think the new hinge was taller than the old one. Could not get the gap between the door and fender even.  Once I put the old one back on it was good.
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

xpbprox

just got mine today, the top hinges seem like that have too much play in them. The bottom ones seem firm and good, but i don't think the top ones should have any play at all. Am I right or what? The whole reason why I bought new hinges was because my top drivers side hinge had a lot of play in it and it was messing with the alignment and sagging.  :confused:

70sixpkrt

Quotejust got mine today, the top hinges seem like that have too much play in them. The bottom ones seem firm and good, but i don't think the top ones should have any play at all. Am I right or what? The whole reason why I bought new hinges was because my top drivers side hinge had a lot of play in it and it was messing with the alignment and sagging. 
Did you call AMD and ask them about this?

xpbprox

I tried too but I didnt have time to be on hold, Ill try today if they are open of not ill just have to wait till monday. This really sucks, the body shop is waiting for them

xpbprox

I'm going to return them, the place that I bought them from gave me a hard time about returning them. They basically said don't ever buy from me again.... And said that I should install them before I make my decision. I mean if I can feel the play without the weight on the door on them, then it's going to be 100x worse when I put them on the car! Going to buy some rebuilt ones with bushings instead.
I'm sure I just got a bad batch, I know AMD is good quality but the oe design is flawed because it doesn't incorporate a bushing that can be replaced when worn out.

70sixpkrt

Who did you buy them from?

xpbprox

70sixpkrt

xpbprox

Got ur pm.... Hope they come out good for you, let me know when you get them.

70sixpkrt

70sixpkrt

I just got mine. I dont feel any play in them. I hope they will work.

xpbprox

That's good, I guess I just got lucky :brickwall:

70sixpkrt

I can't match them up to my old ones since they are still on the car. I never new the lower hinge also fits 67-74 A body.