News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW Worth?

Started by Darkness, January 14, 2006, 10:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkness

Hey folks I have a set of small bolt pattern 14x7 Rallye Rims for sale. They have the beauty rings, no center caps and they are in decent shape but, was wondering what they are worth for a set?

Old Moparz

I have some questions first.

1) Are you sure they're 7" wide? Some people measure from one outside edge to the other, but that's not the correct width. It's the inside edges where the bead of the tire sits. If they are actually 7" wide, I don't believe they're originals & were probably widened. I'm almost sure the small bolt wheels only came in 5-1/2" & 6" so the 6" will make sense if you measured the outside edges.

2) Do you know if the trim rings are original style Mopar rings, or something else that just happens to fit? I couldn't tell you the difference, but I know a good looking aftermarket set of stainless rings can be bought for $75, while the new & correct Mopar rings are over $200. There's also the polished & satin finish differences, but I never paid attention to which is correct for which year.

The bare wheels themselves are probably worth from $35 to $50 each, & you might be able to add for the rings, but you have to find out if they are correct. Personally I don't worry if the rings are correct on my own car as long as they are in excellent shape. I have the polished stainless ones, not the satin finished ones & like the look. BTW, mine are a custom, small bolt set from Wheel Vintiques in 15"x7" that cost me $55 each in bare steel.

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Darkness

I'm not sure if the beauty rings are original or not. Yeah I measured from lip to lip. Dummy me so I am a newbie and still learning. Anyways, I will see if the rings are correct or not.