News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona kit on ebay

Started by Nwcharger, August 17, 2011, 08:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

Stinger parts are a little more difficult .But can be used
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

those one piece wings like to sag in the middle once installed

and the parts take alot of work to make fit   as stated before .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

wingcar

FYI:
The company has changed it's name to American Sports Car (www.americansportscar.com)
The same kit is listed for $2,500.00 on their web site
Superbird Kit at $3,900.00
and Daytona wing goes for $750.00 

Talked to them a couple of years back about using my Superbird nose to make a mold......but, about the same time I lost my father, so had to pass.  Talk with them many times and they seemed like a good group of people.......
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

BigBlockSam

if you aint got a lot of money it's a decent kit . it will take some body working to get it rite but all the fiberglass kits do.  i hate that one piece wing and you can use the z brackets to make metal ones. i wouldn't use the fiberglass ones.

it all comes down to how much cash ya got  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Patronus

Good info here, thanks!  :2thumbs:
Where would you recommend going for an alum. wing?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Daytona Guy

Every nose cone will need work if you want it to match your car. My new Daytona I am building (pics coming soon) will have all Daytona parts to match perfectly using no rubber at joints - and all joints with fitment  tolerances (butt joints) that will not even let a piece of paper slide through. I have always wanted to do a Daytona this way, making it look as if Creative Industries actually had the time or cared about what it looked like.

On the nose to hood gap - I will need to use the spring to pop the hood up – because there will be 1/8 gap between the hood and nose, so that I can lift the hood up.

So far I am about a week away from pictures – From a distance the joints should disappear as if the nose and everything are one.  No one inch rubber gap.

In my humble opinion - if you buy stinger it gives you a great strong foundation to start with (nose).

Dane

BigBlockSam

QuoteWhere would you recommend going for an alum. wing?

maybe if you ask Daytona guy nicely,  he'll make you one . he makes the best aluminum wings on the market.  :D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 18, 2011, 11:58:59 PM
QuoteWhere would you recommend going for an alum. wing?

maybe if you ask Daytona guy nicely,  he'll make you one . he makes the best aluminum wings on the market.  :D
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:   awesome wing

Patronus

Yeah, I saw your pics of the wing you had for your for-sale car, and I knew that was the wing for me!!
I have a few other cars to go first though..  :rotz:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

loctite

I used the stringer kit because it came with the charger I bought. It takes alot of work to make it fit. The plug is a Ted Janak  (Not sure if thats how you spell it). The Hemi Orange Daytona in the last pic  on that ad is my car. The pic with the palm trees in the background. I was in Daytona last year for the rod run and talked to these guys and they wanted to use the car for thier ads. I had a pic of it on this site a few months ago. It has a 392 Hemi in it. The front fenders are stringer fiberglass also.

chargermike

hey daytona guy. i would love a wing for my 70. how much does a wing go for. always dreamed of a wing car since i was a kid. also do you make the fendar scoops.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Daytona Guy

Quote from: chargermike on August 20, 2011, 08:44:31 AM
hey daytona guy. i would love a wing for my 70. how much does a wing go for. always dreamed of a wing car since i was a kid. also do you make the fendar scoops.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Sorry just checked this today - The cost is $1700.00 (sorry for the increase - that is what the foundry did to me) plus shipping - half down to but in the order at foundry, then the other half plus shipping before I ship. email me dgjesdal@aol.com or call, 503-580-8312 as for Dane.

Nwcharger

[/quote]Sorry just checked this today - The cost is $1700.00 (sorry for the increase - that is what the foundry did to me) plus shipping - half down to but in the order at foundry, then the other half plus shipping before I ship. email me dgjesdal@aol.com or call, 503-580-8312 as for Dane.

[/quote]

503! Me too.  :cheers: I'll have to start saving for that wing :drool5: do you have or know where to get some daytona trunk hinges?
1969 coronet wagon

BigBlockSam

i never regretted selling my solid aluminum wing for the hollow one . even weighs about the some as the original wing. remember, if you want respect with your replica . it's gotta be better then a factory  one  :cheers:

Patronus

Anybody in for a group buy??
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

xx29440charger

its time for a group order on some trunk hinges...who's in? or who makes them?

BigBlockSam

Quoteits time for a group order on some trunk hinges...who's in? or who makes them?

Daytonalo made me mine

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 22, 2011, 11:21:12 AM
Quoteits time for a group order on some trunk hinges...who's in? or who makes them?

Daytonalo made me mine
rene did you have to tweek yours to fit and open right  ????   

BigBlockSam

Quoterene did you have to tweek yours to fit and open right  Huh?   

yes i did . i told him too, he said he has made improvements on them and that won't happen again . well that's what he said .  :shruggy:

i've had to tweak just about every part from every vender . except the wind deflectors from daytonalo and the nose valance from stinger . they both fit like a glove  :cheers:

wait till you do the vega rear window plug . that's not as easy as people think . plus the rear part of the headliner and  window trim was a bitch . if i did it again i would install the headliner before i put the rear window in.

to all you guys thinking of building a daytona clone . get ready to curse a lot and get pissed of a lot . it sure wasn't easy

but very rewarding when it's done  :cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 22, 2011, 01:06:27 PM
Quoterene did you have to tweek yours to fit and open right  Huh?   

yes i did . i told him too, he said he has made improvements on them and that won't happen again . well that's what he said .  :shruggy:

i've had to tweak just about every part from every vender . except the wind deflectors from daytonalo and the nose valance from stinger . they both fit like a glove  :cheers:

wait till you do the vega rear window plug . that's not as easy as people think . plus the rear part of the headliner and  window trim was a bitch . if i did it again i would install the headliner before i put the rear window in.

to all you guys thinking of building a daytona clone . get ready to curse a lot and get pissed of a lot . it sure wasn't easy

but very rewarding when it's done  :cheers:
ok cool  my buddy tryed mine on his car and said they are off

Daytona Guy

Quote from: moparstuart on August 22, 2011, 12:12:51 PM

Daytonalo made me mine
You can extend the ones you have as well - it will still open quite far.

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona Guy on August 22, 2011, 01:10:55 PM

Daytonalo made me mine
rene did you have to tweek yours to fit and open right  ????  
i have the aftermarkets one now i will just tweek them to fit/work , like rene said all of the parts pretty much need some work  here and there .   EXCEPT YOUR WING OF COURSE  :smilielol: :D

mauve66

Quote from: moparstuart on August 22, 2011, 01:14:35 PM
Quote from: Daytona Guy on August 22, 2011, 01:10:55 PM

Daytonalo made me mine
i have the aftermarkets one now i will just tweek them to fit/work , like rene said all of the parts pretty much need some work  here and there .   EXCEPT YOUR WING OF COURSE  :smilielol: :D

i had to "tweak" the wing i got from Daytonalo, oh wait, maybe that WASN'T HIS FAULT............. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

BigBlockSam

Quotei had to "tweak" the wing i got from Daytonalo, oh wait, maybe that WASN'T HIS FAULT.

i sold him that wing  :D  that was a good wing . you got any pics of your 66 with the wing on it?