News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Project - Blue One - update

Started by Daytona Guy, August 22, 2011, 08:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Quote from: Daytona Guy on October 21, 2012, 11:44:08 PM
Anyone know drive shaft legnth B body 727 to 8.75 from center to center?

Dane

Dane,

I was reading up on drive shaft lengths because I need the one in my Scamp shortened due to a rear end swap & found the following info. One thing I didn't save was a comment that mentioned you should physically measure your own car to be sure since there may be slight differences in vehicles from accidents, flex, etc. I'm not sure how much that would vary but it made sense.

There was also a link to a good chart that had info for all cars, engine combinations & years, so I printed it out. Here is a scan since I don't have a link handy.......
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Old Moparz

First page of 4.
               Bob                

Old Moparz

Bob                

Old Moparz

Bob                

Old Moparz

Bob                

Daytona Guy

Thank you so much - Old Moparz !!!!!!

Dane

WINGIN IT

Well that was timely, I just found a driveshaft in my garage and wondered what it was from.
Hopefully I can measure to see what it fits.
Thanks for posting Bob.  :2thumbs:

r4daytona

HI Dane, sorry, no info on the driveshaft, just wanted to say the project is impressive, color is great.  If the timing/weather works out, maybe I can see it next time I'm up in Oregon. Your car will be a killer with that motor in it!  You don't by chance have any contact info for Mopar performance do you? 
Tom

Daytona Guy

Quote from: r4daytona on October 22, 2012, 06:32:06 PM
HI Dane, sorry, no info on the driveshaft, just wanted to say the project is impressive, color is great.  If the timing/weather works out, maybe I can see it next time I'm up in Oregon. Your car will be a killer with that motor in it!  You don't by chance have any contact info for Mopar performance do you? 
Tom

I don't. Sorry But you are always welcome to stop by.

Does anyone who what the bolt pattern is for our Chargers. They use these funky numbers - I have no clue. 5x114.3 to 5x120 - screw their dumb metric crap :)

Dane

Hemidog

Chargers are 5x4.5" which is the same as 5x114.3cm

Metric>Imperial  :icon_smile_wink: :stirthepot:

Daytona Guy

Now I get to add my touches to it. Don't like aluminum after a while - just begins to look bad - so it is going HEMI orange (and not the block orange - yuk).
I got the MSD with a rev limiter -

Here are the Numbers from the Dyno - 713 HP @ 5600. What I love is the 600 HP @ 4300 and 735 TRQ at the same. All with a Hydraulic roller lifters and roller rockers  - Someone look at the specs - and see if there are any concerns????

Did some measurements - I have from the top deck (where the stamping pad is) 11" to the hood. I will have to modify my air cleaner. It is a good thing I can work with glass because I'm going to be changing things :)  Stinger makes the HEMI base - if I knew that I would have called them myself and saved a lot of money.  

Dane

Xenon

Quote from: Daytona Guy on October 23, 2012, 09:26:56 PM

Did some measurements - I have from the top deck (where the stamping pad is) I have 11" to the hood. I will have to modify my air cleaner. It is a good thing I can work with glass because I'm going to be changing things :)  Stinger makes the HEMI base - if I knew that I would have called them myself and saved a lot of money.  

Dane

I looked at the Stinger Fiberglass  site and did not find a BASE listed....
Can you post a URL/LINK...

Daytona Guy

He must have an agreement (with Clasic Ind) not to list it  - Call and ask him.

Dane

Daytona Guy

This will be my door emblem - like it better than the HEMI traditional badge.

Dane

Daytona Guy

This one is going to be a sleeper.

Where is the best place tp buy rear end parts, like a "True Track" and Ring & P ?

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Daytona Guy

A little personalizing. They have "MODMAN" on the intake raised and "INDY" on the other side. I like the "Make in the USA" emblem. So I took that idea and will make my own badging.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Daytona Guy

With this ModMan intake higher rise  - I had to drop the aircleaner down almost an inch - by cutting out for the carbs high places and linkages to rest the base right on the carbs. Looks rough now, but will clean up good.

This is what I have to work with... 5.5" to 6" from the center of crank shaft to the top of the K frame, 10.5" from crank to the deck pad, and 11" to the hood. Trying to keep it at 26.6 inches from the K frame to the top of the air cleaner.

Dane

Daytona Guy

I discovered something. These new World blocks are built extra beefy - so much so that the stock fuel pump does not fit just right. The casting build up requires some grinding for the pump to fit. I had to grind a little bit more to get my pump to fit.

Daytona Guy

Tried to clean up the HEMI plumbing.

Also - does anyone have the front headlight wire harness I could buy? Messed up or not - I only need to plug - the only thing I use is the blinkers and the headlights.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

pettybird

Quote from: Daytona Guy on October 30, 2012, 01:49:01 AM

Where is the best place tp buy rear end parts, like a "True Track" and Ring & P ?

Aren't you in the PNW?  Randy's Ring and Pinion is over by you.

Daytona Guy

Quote from: pettybird on November 06, 2012, 11:03:58 AM
Quote from: Daytona Guy on October 30, 2012, 01:49:01 AM

Aren't you in the PNW?  Randy's Ring and Pinion is over by you.

Yes, but they were more expensive - Jegs beat them plus Jegs had free shipping. I'm looking at 2.94 gears for driving long disturbances. Not concerned with quarter times :). Plus with 700 HP it should get up and go either way. I'm also open to people's input on my gears. nitro caries a new ring and pinion at this size.

And thanks Indy.

Dane

Brutalowner

We build and re-gear axles almost on a daily basis. Spend the extra few bucks and buy the Yukon gears. Also, look for a Powr-Lok , not a Track-Lok. Much better choice. You might also look at their Chromoly axles and tapered bearing kits too.
[/quote]

Plus with 700 HP it should get up and go either way. I'm also open to people's input on my gears. nitro caries a new ring and pinion at this size.

[/quote]

That's the reason not to buy the cheap stuff.... My :Twocents:
69 Charger
68 Coronet R/T 440/727
57 300C 392 H word
76 W250 Crew 5.9Magnum 5spd
76 RC 440 4spd

Daytona Guy

AMD is a joke. This is freaking pathetic - This was what every bumper AMD had looked like -  and all of them looked the same. Screw AMD aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I got a beauty from a guy who re-chromes stock bumpers. Never again AMD.